Faith

Flashback

Stacy took a seat in the living room to watch a movie, and the girl that had just came over in all the expensive clothes followed her and sat on the loveseat adjacent.

She sipped her water and looked at Stacy above the rim of the glass. She could feel her staring, but didn't say anything. It was very awkward.

"You're Jalen's girl?" The girl asked.

Stacy looked over and was shocked to find her speaking to her. It was all weird. She had no idea who this person was.

"Uh, yeah." Stacy replied hesitantly.

She smiled.

Stacy went back to watching her movie.

"How long ya'll been dating?"

"9 months."

She smiled again.

Something about her smile didn't sit right with Stacy. It wasn't creepy or scary, it was actually a very pretty smile, yet it still didn't sit right.

"Dang, so you were still in high school when y'all met?"

Stacy looked at her skeptically. "How do you know that?"

She looked nervous. After a short pause she answered with a giggle. "Lucky guess, I guess."

Stacy fake smiled back and focused on the TV again. It was mad awkward.

The girl smirked and slowly built confidence to ask her next question. "So, is he as really good as the girls be saying? Or have you had better?"

The fact that this girl would not ease up on the questions, and decided to ask such an odd personal question like that, was bothering Stacy. She barely knew how to react.

"Uhhh, I wouldn't know." Stacy replied with an uncomfortable expression on her face.

The girl gasped. "You mean to tell me you been Jalen's girl for 9 months and y'all ain't do the do yet? That's not like him at all."

"No," Stacy cut her off. She was annoyed that she had to find out through another girl's mouth that her boyfriend just may be a hoe. "I mean, I wouldn't technically know if he's great or not by your definition because I have no one to compare him to."

She sat back and crossed her legs. "He's the only one you've been with?!"

Confused by her fascination, Stacy nodded.