No Recollection

"Guys, I don't thinks she's playing."

Stacy looked around at all of them. She recognized some faces as if she had seen them before, but she couldn't call their names.

"You seriously don't remember us?" Dwayne asked.

Slowly she shook her head no. "I don't, sorry. Your faces look familiar though."

"It's Geneva," she started. "That's Hao, Dwayne, Aja and Kendra. Do you remember now?"

Again Stacy shook her head. She was just as curious to what was going on as they were.

"Y'all, she's playing with us." Kendra easily said. She stood up and came in front of Stacy. "There's no way you could forget us like that after one year."

"One year of what?" Stacy asked.

"Of being here." Geneva said. "You're not from Pittsburgh Stacy, you're from Philly, like the rest of us."

"I really think y'all have me mistaken," Stacy was getting nervous. They were making her nervous.

Anxiously, she tried to ease her way up the stairs to get away from the people that were creeping her out, but Geneva grabbed her arm.

"No!" She said.

Stacy looked at her crazy.

"You're not leaving us again! We're family!"

"Get your hands off of me," Stacy was eyeing her in disgust. Who did she think she was grabbing on her like that?

"Stacy stop playing, " Hao intervened. "You know us. If you're ashamed or guilty or just don't want nothing to do with us no more then just say that. This game you playing is annoying."

"I. Don't. Know. You!" Stacy said firmly. She pointed her finger at each one of them. "I don't know you, you, you, you, or you! Now back up off me."

"What's gotten into you?" Aja asked, concern poured from her tone of voice.

Stacy was so creeped out by these people she just did not know. Why did she not remember them? And how do they remember her? Their reasoning and look in their eyes suggested to her that they may be telling the truth. But she just could not recollect. She decided to conclude that they were just creeps that came to the party.

"I'm done with this, y'all weird." Stacy said. Again, She tried to head up the stairs.

"If we're so weird, then how would I know that you have a tiny birthmark on the back of you knee? Huh?" Aja questioned.

"And why do I have this picture with you?" Dwayne held up his phone, showing her a goofy selfie with her and him.

"Oh hold up, I gotta pic too!" Kendra started rambling through her phone while Stacy took it all in. It was definitely a hard pill to swallow. Even with all the evidence popping up, she could not make herself know these people.

Kendra showed her the picture she had and Stacy felt anxiety take over her body. What was this? What was going on? She felt a little dizzy, caused from her head thinking and spinning at 200 miles per hour. She couldn't get her head straight. As a result she darted up the stairs and exited the basement.

---

When Stacy came back to the party outside, she began looking for Faith. Huffing and puffing, she gazed over the large crowd of people mingling and having a good time. She didn't think she would ever find her out here. When she did find her, she clashed into her, grabbed her shoulders and looked into her eyes.

Faith was shooken up from being startled by her. She looked at her in deep concern after seeing the weird look in Stacy's eyes. "What's the matter?!"

"I-I ..."

Without control of emotions, Stacy allowed tears to stream from her eyes. What was this emotion she was feeling?

Faith was now scared. Was someone dead? Did someone stab her? What was it that had Stacy looking as if she had seen a ghost?

Faith demonstrated to Stacy how she wanted her to breath slowly and deeply. "What is it?" She asked calmly.

"We gotta go talk!" Stacy didn't give Faith a chance to respond. She just grabbed her by the hand and pulled her back into the house. Faith cooperated.

----

"You need to chill the fuck out," Don warned, giving Eddie an intense eye.

"No, you chill the fuck out!" Eddie snapped back. "Nigga I'm sick of you always putting shit on me like I'm just a fucking problem!"

"You are, nigga!" Don said. "You always doing something stupid, always fucking some shit up with yo damn schemes. Fucking lunatic."

Eddie was starting to pace back and forth, a well known sign of his anger. While Don leaned against the kitchen counter unbothered, Eddie's blood was coming to a boil.

"Niggas don't appreciate what the fuck you try to do for them!" Eddie said indirectly, but everyone around knew that he was referring to himself. "After all the shit I do for you for you, you treat me like some hoe ass nigga."

Don, with a frustrated demeanor, reached down into his pocket and pulled out a wad of money. Quickly he counted out $1200 and slammed it on the counter next to him. "This whole stack is yours if you can name ONE positive thing you did for me. ONE!"

Eddie stared at the money, then back at Don. He was serious. Don was so confident that he would bet that large amount of money on it, and Don wasn't generous when it came to his money.

Eddie looked and tried to think of something, but he couldn't.

When Don was tired of the silence, he grabbed the money and put it back in his pocket.

"Everytime I tried to do something for you, you would say no, or had some dumb ass excuse for why it couldn't be done." Eddie explained.

Don nodded. "Mhm, and when I said no, what would you do anyway? You'd go and do it after I told your dumb ass your plan don't make sense. Then you'd fuck up, piss people off, and come messing with my money. I'm threw messing with you."

Eddie was so angry with what Don had to say. His veins in his arms were popping and his teeth were clenching. Don didn't care one bit, and showed no remorse to what he said.

Angrily, Eddie nodded, showing that he was up to no good. He was headed out the kitchen, but suddenly the basement door opened and a group of people came out one by one. He looked each of them up and down and stepped back.

Don looked at them sideways as well.

"Yo..." Don started

Aja, Kendra, Geneva, Dwayne and Hao stared back at them both

"Who the fuck are y'all and why are y'all in my basement?"