Breaking Point

Pittsburgh, PA

"You took a job today?" Don questioned while caressing Stacy's booty on the bed. Her leg rested nicely over top of his while he lay on his back with a blunt to his lips.

Stacy hesitated. She knew her response would bring trouble but she prepared herself for it. She cleared her throat, "yeah."

Don shifted in his position and sighed. He put the blunt on the nightstand next to him. "I told you I don't want you doing that shit no more."

"I know, but I want to."

"So just fuck me, then?"

Stacy sat up and looked down at him. "Don, what even are we? Are we together? What?"

This question never hit Don before. He hesitated, "We fucking wit each other."

"Which is just a nice way of saying that we just friends that happen to fuck sometimes, right?" Stacy looked at him, anticipating his answer.

Don sighed, sat up and looked into her eyes. "Look, when we fucking, we fucking. When we not, we not."

She stared at him blankly. "What the hell does that even mean? You do realize that you saying that gives me the right to fuck whoever I want, right? It literally cancels your entire argument. "

"I want you to myself, Stacy. Damn. I gotta spell the shit out for you?" Don let out.

Stacy chuckled. Flattering, of course-being desired. But he wasn't making clear sense to her. "So you want me," she pointed to herself, "to be faithful to you while you out here doing what you wanna do?"

Don looked straight ahead blankly while clenching his teeth, a pure sign of frustration.

"I don't want another nigga fucking you."

She stared at the side of his face, as he never looked back at her. He really had a spot in his heart for her. It may had been a very tiny spot, but it was there. Stacy never knew that this would happen. Hell, no one knows actually-that Stacy and Don got a little thing going on. Except Faith.

"Especially not someone I know," Don continued. "You know how many of my homeboys do business with me? And I don't even know about it most of the time cause I got so many people working under me that deal with that stuff for me."

"So you want me to be all yours, but you don't wanna be all mine?" Stacy questioned.

He sucked his teeth, "why you gotta say it like that?"

"Well that's what it sounds like...am I right?"

Don groaned and slid out the bed to stand up. On his way up, he grabbed his half-finished blunt from the nightstand and faced her. "Just don't be out here wildin' and shit, aight."

Stacy grinned. She crawled on her knees to the edge of the bed where Don was standing and looked up at him. "Baby," she said gently. "My 'wall of modesty' came tumbling down a long time ago." She slickly took his blunt right before he was going to put it to his lips, and instead she put it between hers. "And I'm just 'woman enough' to admit it now."

He looked at her with a salty expression. It sucks when people use your own words to come back and bite you in your ass. And this time, it bit hard. She blew the smoke in his face with a smirk, all the while, he was pondering how he had just created a monster.

----

Philadelphia, PA

Jahlil flipped his gray hood over his head. He turned around to lock the front door to his his apartment, then jogged down the stairs to get to the parking lot.

While turning his keys in the ignition, he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. It was a text from Geneva, a picture with a short caption.

The caption read "How long are you gonna let this go on? Does this not affect you at all?"

In the picture was some random guy sitting on a couch. Based on the atmosphere and the alcoholic beverages that were nearby, it was assumed to be a party. On the guy's lap was the lovely Stacy, laughing, as he whispered something in her ear. The caption that the guy wrote on the picture said "My favorite flavor of them all😋😍💦"

Jah's blood began to boil. Yes, he had been hiding the fact that he missed Stacy and it was tearing him apart. It angered him thinking of her with another man, it made him feel sick and in pain. He loved Stacy. And even one year later, he still thinks about her all the time. He missed her so much...but he won't admit it.

He tossed his phone to the passenger seat and dangerously whipped the car out of the parking lot.

Coming to a stop sign, he rested. Still, the thoughts ran wild in his head. Everything you could imagine about Stacy, he thought of...the good, the bad and the ugly. The ugly mad him see red.

Repeatedly and aggressively, he slapped the steering wheel until his palms turn red on his black skin. "Fuck fuck fuck FUCK!!"

He floored the gas pedal and recklessly drove on the opposite side of the road. Sadly, a large semitruck was headed in his direction. He could see the truck, but not really see it. What he saw the clearest was red.

What he thought was going to be head on collision resulted differently. The semitruck driver swerved in another lane, but unfortunately, Jahlil still crashed into the side of the truck. His body jerked, and every window in his car was busted.

The car was totaled.