Remember,I Love You//Zion

Warning: emotions may take a hold of you.
Apologies in advance.

Zions POV
The video of the day keeps replaying in my brain. I'll never forget it. The day I nearly lost the love of my life.
It was the night of her dad and mums anniversary. Since her mum died, her dad had never been the same. He was a drunk and very aggressive. But she always went to see him even thought I never wanted her too. I was always afraid that one day he would go to far. I always was terrified when she walked out that door.
"I'm off baby!" She said.
"Don't go, I know he's your father I'm just scared." I said hugging her tight.
"I know you are. I'll be okay. He needs someone. I can't leave him alone on a day like today." She hugged back reassuring him.
"I know. Just be careful. I love you" I said kissing her.
"I love you too." She returned the kiss.
Off she went.
Next thing I knew.
I heard the phone ringing. It was her.
"Hey baby!"
-hi. Listen I need you to be quiet so I can speak, okay?
I heard her voice cracking.
~what, what do you mean?
-just say you won't say anything until I've finished?!
~okay. Go!
-You remember the day you told me you asked me to be your girlfriend and you were so happy that you knocked that huge muscly guy and you thought he was going to punch you but you stepped in front of me in case he went for me instead. That was the day I knew I was going to marry you. I knew I was going to be with you forever. So I need to say this now.
Caleb Zion Kuwonu, I take you to be my lawfully wedded husband. To have and to hold. To love and to cherish. For better or worse. For richer for poorer. In sickness and in health. I do.
I heard crackling and things crashing.
~what's going on? What's all that noise? Why you saying this now?
I was so worried.
-I'm saying it now because I don't think I'm going to make it
~WHAT? What you saying?
-there's a fire and I've rung the fire brigade. Dad pushed me and I knocked a candle over and well you can guess the rest. I needed to ring you to tell you that I LOVE YOU. Remember that. I always will.
I heard the tears fall down her face and her breathing get raspy.
~no baby. Your going to make it don't say that. I'm on my way over.
She cut me off
-no don't come. I don't want you getting hurt. Just remember I love you.
~I don't need to, your going to be okay.
I held back the tears. I needed to be strong.
Next thing I'm in the hospital by her bedside. I haven't left for 2 weeks. She's in a coma.
I'm broken. But I need to be strong for when she wakes up. The doctors say they don't know if she will.
I know she will thought she's a fighter. She's my beautiful baby girl and I need her. I can't live without her. I want her to marry me and be my wife and carry my children and grow old together.
"Baby, if you can hear me. Wake up. Please. I need you too. Your my world. I can't lose you. I need you too wake up. I've had this on my person for 7 weeks now." I pulled out the ring box and  I laughed awkwardly. "Come back to me!"
I laid my head on her. I interlocked my fingers with hers. I couldn't keep the tears back no more.
It felt like I'd lost a part of me. It felt like my whole world had come crashing down and there was no way to fix it.
The boys tried to distract me but nothing could keep me from thinking about her.
I felt a squeeze. And then felt someone's hand on my head. I looked up and there she was, eyes flickering and mouth opening.
"Z...z...Zion" she struggled to get out.
"Baby, you came back to me!" I squeezed her hand tight.
"I told you you'd make it!" I said smiling.
"I love you!" She said.
"I love you too!" I needed to ask her.
"I know you've only just woke up but I need to. Y/full/n will you marry me?" I asked holding her tight.
"Yeh. Of course I will" she said smiling through the pain she was in.