Papa Dont Preach//•BA•

I'm late, I have sore boobs, I've been throwing up this morning. All the signs were there so I decided to take a test. Three minutes later which felt like three hours. I looked at the stick.  Positive. I told Brandon that day when he came home from writing. I was so scared. But he just turned away and then ran to the boys shouting I'm gonna be a daddy, I'm gonna be a daddy. I followed him down and he picked me up and span me round. He was so happy and so was I.
That was two weeks ago. I am now 16 weeks and it was time to tell my dad. That was more scary than anything. You didn't know how he would react. You and Brandon set off to your dads.
Three hours later you had arrived and had lunch. It was time.
Papa I know you're going to be upset
'Cause I was always your little girl
But you should know by now
I'm not a baby
"I love you dad. But I have something to tell you. You got to remember though I'm not a baby anymore." You said.
"I know but you'll always be my little girl." He said.
You always taught me right from wrong
I need your help, daddy please be strong
I may be young at heart
But I know what I'm saying.
"I need you to listen. I need you to know I love you no matter what. I need you to know I am ready. This changes nothing. I know what I'm saying."
Brandon grabbed your hand.
"Your scaring me (y/n)" your dad said.
The one you warned me all about
The one you said I could do without
We're in an awful mess
And I don't mean maybe, please
"We are going to be moving on in our lives with an extra person. It's a mess because Brandon will be on your a lot so we are going to need a lot of help. I know you've always disapproved of Brandon but he's not left me. He wants to be with me and the baby. Dad I'm pregnant" you said.
Your dads face dropped.
Papa don't preach I'm in trouble deep
Papa don't preach, I've been losing sleep
But I made up my mind, I'm keeping my baby, hm
I'm gonna keep my baby
"I'm keeping it. I have to. I've always wanted to be a mum. Yes it's come at the wrong time. But I love Brandon and he loves me. The baby is going to have a mum and a dad and 4 uncles and hopefully a grandad" you carried on.
"Your pregnant!" Is all your dad managed to say.

He says that he's going to marry me
We can raise a little family
Maybe we'll be all right
It's a sacrifice
"Brandon's going to do right by me. He's asked me to marry him to show how serious he is about me and the baby." You said showing the ring.
"Your getting married?" He was still in shock.
But my friends keep telling me to give it up
Saying I'm too young, I ought to live it up
What I need right now is some good advice, please
"Dad, I need you to say something, anything. Please dad" you plead.
He stayed silent
Daddy, daddy if you could only see
Just how good he's been treating me
You'd give it some blessing right now
'Cause we are in love
We are in love (in love), so please (so)
"I wouldn't be keeping it if I had any doubts about Brandon. I just really need you blessing now. He treats me like a princess. He's the love of my life. Dad?" You said.
"Mr (y/l/n) I love your daughter and I know it's customary to ask the fathers permission for his daughters hand in marriage. I apologise for not doing that. But your daughter is my soul mate and I wouldn't leave her for the world. She's the reason I breathe and the reason I get out of bed everyday. I love her with all my heart." Brandon says.
"Please, dad" you say.
You watch your dads mouth turn into a big smile as he pulls you in tight for a hug. You smile.
He walks up to Brandon.
"I know you love my daughter and although the situations not ideal as I would have rather you asked me for my blessing to get married first. I am so glad my daughters got a boy who's going to do the right thing by her and stand by her. I would be honoured to have you as my son in law. Although" he said in a serious tone. "Hurt her and I'll kill you!" He says whilst laughing.
"I love you dad!" You said.
"You too princess" you dad replies.