Chapter 25

(Jeff's car^)

Fuck a fake smile

I woke up with my head banging. I took two painkillers and washed them down with the water. Jeff was still laying next to me.

I smelled like alcohol. I grabbed a shirt and shorts and underwear and went to bathroom.

Once I got into the shower I started to sing to get my mind off of my head pain.

Another night, another party
Sayin' hi to everybody
I'm sorry, It's time to leave
I've gotta leave now
Got somewhere I gotta be now
I'm starving
Can somebody walk me to my car?
If I go alone, I'm not gon' make it very far
I'm happy for the love and all of the above
But if I'm being honest I've done been through way to much

I can't fake another smile
I can't fake like I'm alright
And I won't say I'm feeling fine
After what I been through
I can't lie

Fuck a fake smile, smile
Fuck a fake smile, fake smile
I read the things they write about me
Hear what they're sayin' on the tv, it's crazy
It's gettin' hard for them to shock me
But every no and then, it's shocking
Don't blame me
I know it's the life that I chose
But baby, I'm grateful, I want you to know

"You've got a beautiful voice." Jeff said behind the door.

"No I don't."

"Yes you do."

"Let me finish taking a shower dammit."

I finished up and got dressed.

No more alcohol smell and the headache has definitely gone down since when I first woke up.

I left the bathroom and got my phone.

"You know I wasn't lying about your voice." Jeff said leaning on the doorframe.

"Jesus you can't keep doing that." I jumped, "Anyway is that all you came to say?"

"No. We are going to the beach so put on your bathing suit." He left the door frame.

I closed the door and quickly changed into my bikini and put my shorts back on and put on another shirt that could endure water better. I also grabbed a towel and sunscreen. I put the towel and sunscreen in a tote bag I keep in my other suitcase. I put my phone in my back pocket and dug out some old flip flops.

"My truck or your car?" I ask him once I get to the living room.

"My car." He responded.

I went out to his car and put my bag in the backseat before sitting in the passenger seat.

He finally came out of his house and got in the car.

***

(Picture her bikini however you want)

I got out of the car and got my bag out of the back seat. The beach was empty for it being early June.

I set down my bag on the sand and took off my flip flops.

I took off my shirt and shorts and applied my sun screen cause I'm not showing up for work with a sunburn.

Jeff being the stubborn person he is didn't want sun screen. All he did was take his hair down and take his shirt off along with his shoes and went to the water.