Chapter 23

"Who I was then is who I used to be."

I woke up and saw Jeff wasn't there but his stuff was still there so he didn't go far.

I got up but I put my hair into a messy bun first because it was a mess. Then I walked around and found him in the "kitchen".

"What are you doing?" I yawned.

"Makin' breakfast." He said keeping his eyes on the food.

"That's a first." I said thinking out loud.

"I heard that."

I took a picture and put it on my Snapchat story

I decided to leave the kitchen before I practically drooled all over the floor

I changed out of yesterday's clothes and put on one of his peroxwhy?gen shirts and some jean shorts.

When I went back he was putting the plates together and put them on the table. "Bone apple tea." He said making me laugh.

All I thought of were those videos of people messing up the word bon-appetite.

"So it would be great It you would stop taking my shirts because I'm literally having to continuously buy more. Unless you want me to go shirtless everywhere." He sat down.

"How do you know I didn't buy this shirt?" I ate a piece of bacon.

"Because it completely covers your shorts and the sleeves are too long on you."

"Maybe I just like to wear baggy shirts." I said trying to convince him.

"Or maybe you just like to wear mine." He said with a mouthful.

"Buddy, talking with a mouthful of food ain't cute." I dusted my hands off from eating the bacon.

"Bite me."

"Somebody's kinky." I replied.

"Always."

"Ew."

"I'm kidding." He said once again with a mouthful.

"If you don't stop talking with a mouthful of food I'm going to slap you." I said.

"iF yOu DoN't StOp TaLkInG WiTh A MoUtHfUl oF fOoD I'm GoInG tO SlAp YoU." He said in a mocking tone.

"And you call me childish."

I finished my food and put the plate in the sink along with the silverware then went back to the bedroom.

I laid down and got on my phone shortly after I was joined by Jeff who, by the way, was still shirtless.

"Can you put on some clothes?" I said not taking my eyes off the screen.

"Why? Got a problem?" He asked.