Chapter 5

"Close your eyes and stand here." Jeff told me. I did as he said and closed my eyes and stood still.

I heard him drop something in front of me. "Open your eyes." He says.

I open my eyes and see a big cardboard box. "Um this is just a really big box." I point out tapping my thigh.

"Why don't you open the box."

"Fine give me a knife." I said holding out my hand as he takes out his pocket knife and hands to me.

I rip through the tape and open the box. Its filled with candy, make-up, clothes, nutella, and other things. I kept digging through the box and found a bottle a Jack Daniels. "Did you put this in there?" I asked him.

"Actually Nikki and Brie sent it. If you dig deep enough you will find a letter." He said.

I found the letter at the very bottom. It read:

Violet,

This is us showing our love for you and wishing you a happy 20th birthday.

Signed, The bellas, Grandpa, Mom, Dad, Jeff, Reby, Matt, Lexi, Nia, and last but not least Mella ❤

"Happy birthday Vi."

"You remembered it for once."

"Well after setting the date on a calendar, in my phone, and writing it on my wrist every day this week I can say I tried my hardest not to forget. 3-27-98." He smiled.

"Come here Hardy." I pulled him into a hug.

"Ok that's enough hugs for now why don't you save them for..." He opens his front door. "Them."

Everyone floods into the living room. "Happy birthday!" They all said before pulling me into a group hug.

"Thanks guys." I said as I was getting the life squeezed out of me by Carmella. Eventually they all let go of me.

"Happy birthday princess." My dad says next to me. "Stop making me feel old."

"Daddy you aren't old and neither is Momma or Grandpa." I told him with a smile.

"So did you find the Jack Daniels in the box." Nikki said with a wink.

"Nikki I can't drink for another year."

"That doesn't matter you can still have fun. Besides you only live once." She went back into the crowd of people.

"I don't approve of her as your friend." Dad says once shes gone from sight.

"Like you have room to talk. I know about your past life and I can say that I am still drug and alcohol free."

"What are you two bickering about?" Mom asked.

"Oh nothing just a little daddy-daughter conversation about drinking." I said.

"Mhm." She hummed. "So how are things."

"Things are good." I looked at my dad. "We will be right back." I lead my mom to the room I was staying in. "Me and Reby made a bet."

"What kind of bet?" She raised an eyebrow.

"That if I fall for Jeff by the end of the week she gets $100 and if I don't then I get $100."

"Well do you like him?"

"I don't know.. maybe."

"If you do then tell him."

***