Chapter 17

I'm still alive and kicking

~~

Jeff: Violet this is Matt. Jeff's in the hospital please hurry!

I jumped up and threw on my shoes along with a jacket and grabbed my phone while rushing out the door.

New message from John

John: I heard a certain someone was in the hospital

Violet: Now is not the time for your bullshit.

I got in my truck and drove there as fast as I could.

"How may I-"

"Jeff Hardy." Is all I said impatiently.

"Mr. Hardy can only have family in his room right now ma'am." She said looking up from her computer.

"I'm his wife." I lied.

"Oh I'm sorry Mrs. Hardy, you go on ahead. It's room 4135."

I nodded and started on my way to his room. Almost running into people on my way.

"4135. 4135." I mumbled under my breath in the elevator.

I found the room and Matt was already there along with Reby, Maxel, and Wolfie.

"Is he okay?" Is the first thing I asked them as I walked in and set my phone down.

"He's in a coma and they don't know if he'll come out or not." Matt said to me with puffy, redish eyes. It seems to me he's been crying.

Reby gave me hug. "I'm so sorry. I know how much he means to you."

I just stood there. I felt nothing. It's as if my life were actually falling apart.

Reby released me from her grasp. "Vi are you okay?"

I shook my head 'yes' and sat down with my back against the wall. I stared at the counter in front of me.

I sat there until the doctor came in and informed us more on the situation.

"Hi I'm Dr. Young and I'll be Jeff's doctor while he stays here."

I gave him a glare that said 'get to the point before I snap' and he looked at his clipboard.

"As you already know Jeff is in a coma. We've recently gotten the police report on what had happened and it turns out Jeff had gotten into a wreck with another vehicle but when it was discovered the person had already fled the scene."

I was fuming. "So you're saying the police can't find the person was responsible for this?"

"I'm afraid not ma'am."

"Are there any officers I can talk to at the moment?" I asked more calmly.

"Yes there's one just down the hall."

Without saying thank you to him I left. I spotted the officer.

"Hi sir, I have a tip I would like to give you for the accident that happened between Jeff Hardy and an unknown person."

"Ok go on and tell me."

"So I have a crazy ex boyfriend who is literally obsessed with me and Jeff. He's tried splitting us up, he has possibly raped me, and he's threatened me and Jeff. I really do believe that he would do something like this to get rid of Jeff to get to me."

"Hang I'm just a moment." He grabbed a notepad out of a thing on his belt and a pin from his shirt pocket. "Give me his name."

"John Hennigan."

"Thank you for that tip I'll be sure that we get him down to the station for questioning."

"I'm just letting you know that he's a pretty good liar."

"Noted. Oh and um what's your name?"

"Violet Hickenbottom."

I walked back to Jeff's room and decided to take a nap on one of the chairs.

I was woke up by my phone ringing.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Thank God you're alive. You can't just run off like that." Saraya said.

"Sorry Raya but Jeff's in a coma and I'm staying at the hospital with him."

"Why didn't you tell me this?"

"I was in a hurry and all that played through my mind was him dying."

"Ok. I'll be there soon."

"Could you pack some clothes?"

"Sure. Anything specific?"

"No. Just my essentials."

"Gotcha. Bye."

"Bye."

I noticed Matt and I were the only ones left in the room and he was dead asleep.

I eventually decided to go back to sleep.

Ok so I'm sorry for what's happening. I know it's a bit much. I'm supposed to be asleep for school but I wanted to finish up this chapter. So enjoy. I'll update again soon I promise! ❤️