REVIEW 64 : BOLD, BEAUTIFUL AND A WANNABE WRITER

Author: @theendofeverything03

Reviewer: @MeganHites

Book Summary

Rachel Winters is a bubbly girl and is liked by everyone...but her strong opinions and her bold nature annoys everyone. She wants to be an author but all of her inspiration and motivation and hopes go away as she is not able to write a good book...

Worried, her mother sends her to her aunts place, who apparently earns by letting tourists live in her house and explore the tradition. (a house stay). She goes there and meets a group of people, same age as her.

Things change for Rachel the moment she meets them. Also, get themselves in middle of a murder mystery when they find a dead body instead of ghosts... follow her on a journey of friendship, love, uncovering the murderer and becoming a successful author.

___________________________________

Okay, so, I'm going to be completely honest here (don't hate me)... this summary needs some work. It's a bit all over the place. Jumping from her being bubbly, to being an author, to her mom moving her away, to her aunt renting out her home, to meeting a group, to finding a body instead of ghosts. It's just... a lot to process.

And there are some contradictions. If Rachel is well liked by everyone, how can she also annoy everyone? I think you could get rid of that entire bit and be the better for it. Let US make our own opinions up of her.

Try to stay away from doing information in parenthesis (like "a house stay"), instead try to work it into your sentence rather than it being an afterthought. Or get rid of it entirely. 

___________________________________

If I were to rewrite this, I would do something along these lines:

Rachel Winters wants to become an author more than anything. Her deepest desire is to see her name displayed proudly on the shelves in bookstores, but Rachel's goal starts to feel impossible as she writes terrible book after terrible book. She loses all of her motivation and slowly her hopes fade away with it. 

Worried, her mother sends Rachel to her Aunt's place, rich with tradition and history - and, supposedly, ghosts - in the hopes of giving her daughter inspiration to continue writing.

From the moment Rachel arrives, her whole world changes as she meets a fun-loving group of tourists. Together, they discover that there's more to her Aunt's house than meets the eye... when instead of ghosts, they find a dead body.  

Rachel may have more inspiration than she ever could have imagined, but at what price? 

___________________________________ 

Now, that can be made even better still (with better word choice, perhaps), but it's just a suggestion! If you did want to use that (I'd appreciate a mention), but feel free!

Cover:

I really like the cursive font and the divider you've used, and the picture is really pretty! But I feel like the layout of it is off... I almost feel like I'd want to see the title in the spot where the subtitle is (swap their location). Or perhaps move the title where her legs are.

Other than that, I like the simplicity of it! 

Story Media:

I love how you have a Cast page showing us how you envision your characters. Great touch! I do think perhaps you should limit it to one picture, but that's pretty nitpicky.