REVIEW 62 - KATHERINE

AUTHOR: @Rosie_Posie1 

R

EVIEWER: Lirusen

Good, minimalistic cover. The combination of these two colours and the silhouette of the girl creates a little suspense (it also kind of reminds me of historical fiction - just me?). The only thing I'm going to point out is that perhaps the girl's silhouette could be moved to the right to centre it a little? But that's just me. 

The summary is great - I'm immediately interested in knowing what exactly happened to Katherine and her family in 1998, and I wonder what significance this 'Charlotte' has to the story. There a few minor grammar mistakes (e.g. 'grief' should be 'grieve' as the latter is a verb). 

The prologue is awesome (considering I've seen many prologues being treated as a place to info dump), especially with the extended metaphor of the seasons (which I assume will be a recurring theme throughout). 

In Chapter 1, the beginning was pretty interesting, especially with the introduction of Manchester, Lauren's background, and the actual mystery (she only has to stop at a gas station and already people are all hush hush). The relationship between her mother and Annabelle was also intriguing, probably something I'm going to be seeing more of. 

Your description of the settings are wonderful - they aren't overpowering and disturbing the action. Lauren's eventual discomfort in the restriction was built up quite well. 

I read up to the end of Chapter 6, and honestly, I really can't think of much to improve. There are quite a few grammar mistakes, but they mostly have to do with missing commas, sometimes the lack of a space between two words (they seem to be more of your average typo really). You've built up tension and the overall mystery really well -- I'm constantly at the edge of my seat, so eager to learn more about what really happened to Katherine and her family (and also why Carrie is so dodgy)