REVIEW 38: FAKE

AUTHOR: @itallic

REVIEWER: Lirusen

Pretty cover -- obviously relevant to the story. Your summary doesn't have that much, but it's all I need to know, really. The "read the story to know what happens next" is quite cliche, though -- your summary by itself should be enough to encourage the reader to click on it.

Chapter one, and I can already see you've included the cliche self-conscious character who wears supposedly ugly braces and glass as the protagonist, along with the cliche high school setting with everyone who, of course, talk behind her back and give her disgusted looks. I hope her mindset changes and she later realises that those aren't actually ugly and her perspective of herself changes (love yourself!).

I feel like the constant POV changes are unnecessary -- while it's fine to have them change each chapter, and it's interesting to see Mina and Nayeon's thoughts of each other, four times in one can be quite confusing.

On the other hand, seeing Mina pretending to be Nayeon is very interesting. I feel bad that she has to pretend in order to get closer to Jimin, and even has a whole makeover in order to seem prettier to not just him but to her school, even for just an audition. I like that in Chapter 5, she ends up returning to her usual self because of what Jimin said, but I hope she realises that with or without a boy, she is true to herself.

Her conversations with Jimin seem quite formal, and almost forced. That may or may not have been your intention, but it just goes to show that being "fake" (title reference) does not actually work out for the best, and that being yourself is better.

Your character development is lovely, even though you have only a few chapters up. Your grammar is fine, just a few minor mistakes. Though the fake concept is interesting, the setting in general is fairly cliche, but you've done it well. A lovely book that I would definitely recommend.