REVIEW 48: ILLUSIONS| LOKI AND JANE

Author: @Buchjj

Reviewer: SheWritesWonderss

I had a fun time reading this review @Buchjj. Thank you for being my first review :)

Cover: Your cover does the job and gives the reader a clear idea that your story will be about Loki. However, it's not a cover that sticks with me and keeps your story in my head. I think covers are a great way to attract readers and although your cover is perfectly fine, I think it could be improved.

Description: I like the description of your story. It definitely caught the reader's attention and it inclined me to read your book. A quick tip is to feature reviews/ highest rankings on your description because when readers see that a book is well liked they want to read the book even more!

Grammar/Spelling/Sentence Construction/Diction: Ultimately, there are minor errors in grammar and sentence constructions. These errors can easily be fixed by just rereading you chapters with fresh eyes. I would also check to make sure you are putting comas where you need to be since there were a few spots in the first few chapters where you forgot to put them. I liked your word choice and you spelled everything correctly. Your description that you wrote in your book was also really wonderful. You didn't overload the reader with information but kept them interested. I also loved your first chapter. It had an air of mystery around it and definitely made me read on. I suggest if you haven't already, to get Grammarly. It can help catch those silly mistakes you made.

Plot:  Well, you definitely planned out your plot very well. You didn't put too much filler in, which was a good decision on your part. Many author's write scenes to show literally just relationship development, but forget that they should write scenes to help build their plot in more than one way. Nearly every scene you wrote worked towards the plot, and it kept the reader engaged. I applaud you!

Character Development: From chapters 1-10, character development was evident. You could see a slight change in the characters as you progressed through the story and it kept me emotionally invested. I would suggest you give some of your characters, even minor ones, character flaws. I could write a book on how much character flaws help readers love/hate the people in your story! Besides that great job!

Thanks for requesting your book! It was a fun read.