56.

Sunday, mom was already downstairs when I woke up. She had made porridge. "Morning mom." I said while sitting down.

"Oh, good morning. How'd you sleep?"

"Pretty good."

"Where's Ben? Is he still sleeping?"

"He left last night."

"Oh? What happened? Did something happen?"

My face turned a little pink. "No. Nothing happened. He had an emergency at home so he had to leave."

"Bummer. I really thought you two would finally-"

"Mom, I told you. I'm not gonna have sex while I'm still in high school."

"You're no fun."

(A/N What kind of mother is she?!😕)

After breakfast I did absolutely nothing. I had no appetite for going out. All I wanted was Ben sitting next to me. But he never showed up. I fell asleep.

Not after long I felt someone's hand connect with mine, making me open my eyes. "Ben?" I yawned out.

"Hey, sorry I woke you up." He smiled.

"No, it's fine. I'm just glad you're here. Get in." He stared at me for a couple of seconds. "Ben? Is everything alright?" He seemed kinda stressed out about something.

"Please go on a trip with me." He whispered still holding my hand.

"To where?"

"South Africa."

"Why so far?"

"Last night, my mom called. She wants to see me." I sat up straight.

"Oh."

"Please go with me."

"I don't have the money for the ticket."

"I'll pay for you. I'll pay for anything you want. I just need you to go with me."

"I'll ask my mom first."

"I already asked her. She said it's fine as long as I protect you."

"Then I'll go with you."

"Thank you." I scooted over and he got in next to me. He pulled me into his arms, as usual, then we fell asleep peaceful.

**********************************

My alarm went off. He was still holding onto me tightly. I tried to slowly shift out of the bed, he pulled me back. "Mm, where are you going?"

"We have to get ready for school."

"But you said you'll go with me."

"What? You didn't say in the middle of the week. I don't want to miss any more schooling."

"I asked for a leave of absent for both of us. It's okay."

"When did you do that?"

"Right after mom called."

"How'd you know that I'd say yes?"

"Just a gut feeling."

"Well, how about plane tickets? When did you buy them?" She bought them weeks ago. She just sent them when she called."

"She? How did she know you'd be bringing a friend?"

"She insisted for you to come."

"Why?"

"I-okay, enough with the questions. We better get ready to go. I'll come back after I finish packing."

"Okay." He pecked my forehead before leaving.