Chapter 44

West POV-

We were sitting in the living room as everyone was asking questions about what happens to Ozpin but I was just sitting on one of the couches just looking at the conversation.

Nora: Did he age backwards?

Jaune: He's possessed!

Ren: Or reincarnated!

Ruby: Oh! Isn't it weird?

Oscar: It is very weird, yes.

I see that Oscar is getting uncomfortable with all the attention so I tried to divert their attention.

West: Okay, okay. Let's all just take a second and remember that this is very overwhelming for everyone.

Team RNJR all step back together and nervously chuckle.

Oscar: Thanks.

I just nod in response as Qrow makes his way inside the room with a cup of coffee in hand.
Qrow then takes a seat on the couch next to Oscar. Ruby and Nora have taken a seat on the couch perpendicular to Qrow's and next to me, while Jaune and Ren remain standing. Oscar then shares a brief look with Ruby, who giggles, causing Oscar to blush.

Oscar: Ah, sorry! It's just I've never really met Huntsmen and Huntresses before.

Black: Is this fool trying to flirt with my grandniece? Let me teach-

West(Thoughts): Black Please just listen to the conversation.

Ruby: Well, uh... we've never met a person with two souls! So, first times all around.

Oscar smiles and chuckles at Ruby before he hears Qrow clear his throat.

Qrow: Not to break up the whole 'getting-to-know-you' game, but we need to have a talk. Mind showing us your little parlor trick, kid?

Oscar groans.

Oscar: Yeah, okay. Just so you know, I'll still be here.

The members of Team RNJR look at him as do I in confusion. Oscar then lowers his head and closes his eyes. Suddenly, a green and white aura shines from his body for a moment, Oscar opens up his eyes, which are now glowing, and he smiles. When he speaks, they all hear a familiar voice overlapping with a bunch of other voices, including Oscar's.

Ozpin: It is so very good to see you again, students.

All of Team RNJR share brief looks of confusion.

Jaune: Wait, what just happened?

Ren: Professor... Ozpin?

I was getting angry because of what he did to Summer but I kept my cool as I continued to listen on the conversation.

Ozpin: Correct. And though I may be the one speaking, Oscar is still present mentally. He's merely handed over the control, so to speak.
I'm afraid this all must be very perplexing.

Nora: And alarming, and bizarre, and just really kind of hard to believe overall!

He starts to chuckle as he looks at us.

Ozpin: It's good to see you children still have your sense of humor.

He starts to frown

Ozpin: I know you've all been through tremendous hardship already. I'm sorry.

Ruby: I mean, it's not your fault.

Ozpin: It's all my fault. I told you once that I made more mistakes than any man, woman, and child on this planet, and I wasn't exaggerating. I'm... cursed. For thousands of years, I've walked the surface of Remnant, living, dying, and reincarnating in the body of a like-minded soul. The Professor Ozpin you all met was not my first form and clearly wasn't my last. It's... an extraordinarily strenuous process on everyone involved.