Chapter 32

West POV-

West- Hey Summer.

She was in the kitchen baking cookies for Ruby and Yang.

Summer: What's up?

I lean on a counter making myself comfortable.

West: I heard some news recently. It seems Ruby is going to Mistral with her friends.

Summer: Ok.

West: Your not at all worried about Ruby?

Summer: She seems to be able to take care of herself and she'll have her friends.

She takes out the cookies from the oven and looks at me.

Summer: She'll also have you.

West: Who said I was going with her?

Summer: Look Dad I know this is a lot to ask and stuff but I have a request.

West: Shoot.

She walks up to me.

Summer: I want you to protect Ruby like you did with me. I know I said that she is capable but I still I can't help but worry. So please.....

She looked at me straight in the eyes.

Summer: Keep her safe for me.

I was silent I was thinking. I was thinking about that day a long time ago when another person asked me that only for them to use me.

West:......Ok I'll do it.

She hugs me.

Summer: Thank you.

She goes back to cooking while I start to leave but she stopped me.

Summer: I got you a surprise in your room I think you'll like it.

I nod and go to my room that I'm staying in and see a box. I open it to see a sword with a red edge and black handle. I see that it has dust slot into it so that's pretty cool. Their was a button on the side and I pressed it and it turned into a handgun. I look inside the box again and see a note and read.

I know your sword broke during the train wreak with your gun being destroyed too so I made this for you

From, Summer.

I smile and look at the sword again I then got myself prepared and waited for Ruby to leave.

(Timeskip)

Nora: I'm just saying that JNRR sounds so much cooler

Ren: But wouldn't RJNR make more since Ruby is technically the leader.

West: I feel like I've been forgotten in this conversation.

We were currently waiting for Ruby as she tries to lure our target here while we were talking about what our team is going to be called.