Chapter 35

Summers POV-

News: And communication are sti-

Yang switched the channel to channel. I was sitting next to her watching tv with her but she kept switching channels. I could understand why it was, it was mostly about Beacon and how it fell. I got tired of listening to the tv and took the remote from Yang and turned off the tv.

Summer: I think that's enough tv for today.

She looks at me and sighs. I know shes suffering through trauma and I'm trying to help but she just doesn't talk to me.We both sat there in awkward silence. It was so silent that it was painful. The silence was interrupted by Tai coming inside the house with box's in his hands.

Summer: Hey Tai.

Tai: Hey guys!

He closes the door and drops the box's in another room. He comes back and brings one of the box's to Yang. He places the box in front of Yang. Yang just seems to stare at it.

Tai: Well?

She opens the box and in there is a robotic arm just for her.

Yang: Is this for me?

Tai: For you and you only.

I was excited for Yang but when I looked at Yang she seemed more distressed than pleased.

Tai: Brand new, state of the art Atlas tech. You know, I thought I was gonna have to pull some strings, call in a few favors, but you earned this one all on your own, kiddo.

She looks at Tai confused.

Yang: Huh?

Tai: Before I could even talk to him, General Ironwood already had one of his top scientists working on this, for you. He wanted me to tell you that you fought admirably. You should be proud of yourself.

Yang looks up at Tai but says nothing.

Summer: Well? You going to try it on?

She looks at me but doesn't say anything as she looks back at the arm.

Yang: I uh... I'm not feeling too great right now. Maybe later?

Tai and me start to deflate a bit and Tai puts his hand to the back of his neck as he sighs and considers how best to respond.

Tai: Well Alright.

I see Yang start to get up and walks up the stairs, Tai giving her an encouraging smile as she passes in front of him. She pauses partway up the steps, turning in his direction.

Yang: Thanks, Dad.

Yang continues upstairs as I see a visibly disheartened Tai bow his head.

I just sit on the couch sitting there thinking of a way to help her but nothing came to mind as I just sighed.

(Timeskip)

I'm still have my butt on the couch but instead of watching tv I'm reading a book that I found. It was quite but then I heard Yang yelp and glass shatter as I got up and went to the kitchen. When I get there I see Yang cling to the countertop and panting out of breath due to fright. I see her fist comes down against the countertop, and Yang gets herself under control. I sigh as I went to go get a broom and sweep up the glass shards. When I finish I see Yang looking down and sitting down on the table I sit next to her and as she continues to look down.

Yang: Sorry.

Summer: It's fine. What I'm concerned about is you.