Chapter 42

Yang POV-

We stop at a gas station as I go in the gas station while I asked mom to fill up bumblebee. I sit down as the Bartender comes to us.

Bartender: Aren't you a little young to be drinking?

I take off my sunglasses.

Yang: A water. It's hot out.

Bartender: Ohhh. Sure.

He disappears below the counter and I hear laughter come from the drunk man a few seats down from me.

Man: Are you telling me you're too young to drink? You look like a regular Huntress. And a beauty at that.

Yang: I'm good. Thanks, pal.

Man: Seriously. Not too bulky. Not too lean. You're...

Yang: Just right. Yup. Like I said, I'm good.

The mook puts his hand on the countertop next to me. This guy was starting to tick me off.

Man: And your hair...

I grab his wrist before he can touch my hair. When I turn to face him, my eyes are glowing red, startling him.

Man: Huh?

He barely glances in the correct direction before I slam his head into the side of his. I punch him again as he goes flying out the shop. I look back at the bartender and he smiles at me.

Bartender: This one's on the house. He's been driving me crazy.

I reaches for it with my left hand, but it trembles. I grab my hand with the metal on and steady it. I give a long, shaky sigh before picking up the bottle and guzzling the water down.

Bartender: So, what brings you around these parts?

I holds up a finger, still guzzling until the water is gone.

Yang: Thanks. And I'm, uh, looking for someone.

He starts to chuckle a little.

Bartender: Not too many people come out here. Too far from the Kingdoms. Only person worth notin' around here is... well, Ra—

Yang: Raven Branwen. I retrieve my glasses and start to head out

Yang: Thanks again.

Bartender: N-now, missy! You don't want to go messin' with bandits! They're a world of trouble!

Yang: So I hear.

Outside, the Shady Man is on the ground holding his face, while mom starts poking him with a stick.

Yang: It's time to go.

She looks at me and nods but before we left  he calls out to me as I straddle and engages Bumblebee.

Man: Hey, girlie!

Yang: Seriously? This isn't over?

Man: I heard you're... looking for someone. Heh.

He gives her a toothless grin.

Sum: Ew stop smiling like that.

Yang: Yeah I am.

Man: Your looking for the Brawen tribe.

Yang: Yeah I am.

Man: Well if you take me with you I can show you the way.

Sum: She's not-

Yang: Ok

Sum: What do you mean okay?!

I put and arm around Mom as we turn around so he couldn't hear our conversation.

Yang: Look if this guy really knows something we should just follow him.

She seemed hesitant for a few seconds but just nodded her head.

Sum: So how are we going to carry this guy with us? I don't think your motorcycle can carry three people.

I look around and see a little wagon as I smile.

Yang: I have an idea.

I take the wagon and attached it to bumblebee. I look back at the guy as he looked at the wagon annoyed. He hops in the tiny wagon and we drive off to our next destination.

————————————————————————
Sorry for this chapter being so short. Anyway hope you liked it and see you in the next chapter I guess.