Chapter 15

West POV-
I was waiting for Ruby as she was getting ready for the dance. I was wearing a black suit with a red tie on. To make myself even more fancy I put on a mask with a smiley face on it.

 To make myself even more fancy I put on a mask with a smiley face on it

Black: I sometimes wonder about your sense of fashion.
West: What, I think it looks nice.
Black: No it looks creepy.
West: Whatever.
I continue to wait for Ruby. Then I hear her voice behind me.

Ruby: Ready to go?

I look behind me and see her wearing a black and red dress with high heels.

West: Ready as I'll ever be miss.

We start to walk to the ball room when we arrive I see Yang at the podium checking people in. She takes notice of us.

Yang: Oh, you look beautiful! But you look.....creepy.
Black: See I told you!
Ruby: How do you even walk in these?

I see Ruby struggling to walk with her heels while I hold her to help keep her  balance while I was sad that they didn't like my mask. And I bought this yesterday for this day only.

West: Anyway, Shall we dance Little Rose.

I can see that she has a blush on her face as Yangs grin grew wider.

Ruby: I uh.......don't know how to dance.
West: Then it's best that you start learning.

I grab her hand and bring her to the dance floor as we start dancing.

West: Just follow my lead.

We begin to twirl around as I give her a twirl and her blush grows on her face. I see Blake and smile. I also see people looking at us in amazement as they see how good of a dancer I am. I occasionally got my foot stepped on by Ruby as she says sorry. I let go of her after a while of dancing as I make my way to Yang and Weiss who are looking at Blake.

West: Well she seems to be having fun.
Yang: Welp I guess that means mission accomplished.
Ruby: So what now?
Yang: Just have fun!

Yang and Weiss leave to find dance partners while I remain by Ruby's side as she complains about her dress and shoes.

West: You seem to not be enjoying yourself Ruby.
Ruby: Oh no everything's fine. It's just I'm not a dansey, pansey type of girl.
West: Well you can't spend your whole life on the battlefield. Even if you want to.
Ruby: Yeah, that lesson been hanging around lately.

I look at the dance floor as I see all the people dancing.

West: If you think about it, dancing and fighting are kind of the same thing. Two partners interlocked. Although, one wrong move and you'll end up with a swollen foot.

Ruby looks away embarrassed by how many times she stepped on my foot.

West: It's not everyday that friends are able to come together like this. You know. It's nights like these that you'll never forget.

I look at her as she smiles at the dance I decide to dance with other people.

Black: Yay, I just love hanging out with my grand niece so much.
West: Shut up.

(Timeskip)

I'm on the top of the stairs with Yang as we both look down at the dance floor from above as we see everyone having a good time. Then Ruby comes next to me and looks down with me.

Yang: You know, I think we really needed this.
Ruby: Yeah, and you did a good job planning this out.
Yang: Aww thanks.

Then suddenly I hear laughter from below and look down and I see the most amazing thing.

West: Oh no this is just too funny.

I see Jaune wearing a dress and I start laughing like crazy. It got so bad that my mask almost fell off my face but I manage to catch it before it can reveal my face.

West: Well this is the best dance that I had so far.
Black: Indeed.

I continue to look at the dance floor until Yang gave me some punch.

Yang: Here have some punch you look thirsty.
West: Thanks I am kind of thirsty.

I took a sip from the straw and it had an odd taste to it until I realized what was in it.

West: Sleeping Aid, nice trick but sadly it doesn't really affect me that much.
Yang: How did you know?!
West: Heh that's my secret and you'll never find out what's behind my mask!

I walk out to go get some air until I see Ruby running towered the CCT. I follow her and when I get there I see her making sure two unconscious guards are okay.

West: I believe we have an unexpected guest.

She looks at me and nods as she takes out her scroll and calls her weapon.
We go inside and see who was in the building.
When we get to the top I see no one but I could sense someone here.

West: Keep your guard up.
Ruby: Right.

We start to walk around but then a women with a black suit and a black party mask comes out from behind a desk.

Ruby: Excuse me, you know this isn't a masquerade party. So why don't you take off the mask.

Suddenly she summons an arrow and shots it at us as we both dodge the attack as I try to get close and punch her. She makes swords and tries to block my attack but my attack was to strong a makes her crash into a wall.
Then Ironwood comes out from the elevator and she shoots more arrows at me as they explode beneath me as she makes her escape.

West: Aww she got away.....She also ruined my suit.
Ironwood: What happened?
West: Someone was here and they escaped.
Ironwood: I see....
Ruby: So what do we do now?
West: The assailant escaped there is nothing we can do but go back to the dance.
Ruby: But-
West: No buts I want to at least get one last dance before the dance ends....okay.
Ruby: .......Okay.

Then we went back to the dance enjoying the rest of the night still thinking about the masked woman.

————————————————————————
I'm going to update tomorrow because I'm board so yeah. Hope you enjoyed this chapter and I'll be in the next one I guess.