Chapter 29

Ruby POV-
I was with West in the stadium about to watch the next fight. I was super excited as West sat next to me. But then I noticed Emerald sitting over at the other side of us.

I get up and was about to walk over to her.

West: Hey where you going?

Ruby: I'm going to get something to drink.
I'll be back in a bit.

West: Alright, don't be late.

I nod to him and make my way to the other side. I was half way there until someone stopped me.

Ruby: Mercury?

He didn't answer me and was just standing there while they we're announcing the next fighters.

Ruby: Why are you here Mercury?

He still doesn't respond as I can hear the next two fighters.

Port: The next two fighters are Pyrrha Nikos vs Penny Polendina!!

Mercury: Ooh metal and magnetism not a good combination.

I try to get past him but he blocks my way I can hear the fight already starting. I use my semblance to get past him but he kicks me and knocks me down. I keep trying to go past him but he keeps knocking me down. I see him over me about to finish me off I close my eyes and prepare for the worst but nothing happens as I see West over me while Mercury is sitting on his butt.

West: Ruby go I'll handle this guy.

Ruby: But-

West: Go now, I'll be fine.

I nod and run past Mercury one last time but this time I actually go past him since West is handling him. I go outside and see the most horrific thing. I see Penny right in front of my eyes, be torn apart. I looked at the scene with a mix of emotions because of what just happened.

I lower my head down and start to cry. Then I hear a voice from the speakers.

???: This is not a tragedy. This was not an accident. This is what happens when you hand over your trust, your safety, your children, to men who claim to be our guardians, but are, in reality, nothing more than men. Our Academies' Headmasters wield more power than most armies, and one was audacious enough to control both.
They cling to this power in the name of peace, and yet, what do we have here? One nation's attempt at a synthetic army, mercilessly torn apart by another's star pupil. What need would Atlas have for a soldier disguised as an innocent little girl? I don't think the Grimm can tell the difference.
And what, I ask you, is Ozpin teaching his students? First a dismemberment, now this? Huntsmen and Huntresses should carry themselves with honor and mercy, yet I have witnessed neither.
Perhaps Ozpin felt as though defeating Atlas in the Tournament would help people forget his colossal failure to protect Vale when the Grimm invaded its streets. Or perhaps this was his message to the tyrannical dictator that has occupied an unsuspecting kingdom with armed forces. Honestly, I haven't the slightest clue as to who is right and who is wrong. But I know the existence of peace is fragile, and the leaders of our kingdoms conduct their business with iron gloves. As someone who hails from Mistral, I can assure you the situation there is... equally undesirable. Our Kingdoms are on the brink of war, yet we, the citizens, are left in the dark.
So I ask you When the first shots are fired... who do you think you can trust?

The sirens start to go off as there is Grimm invading Vale. But I didn't care......my mind was blank my friend was killed right in front of me. The only thing I could do is let tears go down my eyes.

West: Hey!!

I look beside me and see West shaking me.

West: Look Ruby I know seeing your first death isn't the prettiest thing in the world and I know you want to mourn and all but we got danger incoming.

I shake my head getting out of my trance I look back at Pyrrha and she is also stuck. Horrified by what she just did as the Nevermore in front of her is about to kill her. I use my semblance to get Penny's sword and stab it in the chest of the bird. I backed up and got in front of Pyrrha.

Ruby: Leave her alone!!

The Nevermore screams again and comes right for me but was stopped by lockers landing on it. The lockers open revealing everyone's weapons. They all got their weapons and stood on the Nevermore but it gets back up as everyone starts getting into a defensive position but before we could all attack a giant lightning bolt comes from the sky and vapored it instantly. We look back to see West with his hand up.

West: All right boys and girls it's time to get out of here let's move.

We nod and start to make our way to one of the bullheads to get out of there. But West stops me and gives me his scroll.

West: Missing something?

I smile at him as I call in my locker as it starts heading towards me as it lands opening to reveal my scythe.

West: Alright now we can go.

I catch up with the team as we stopped and saw Ironwood there. I ask him what's going on.

Ruby: What's going on!?

Ironwood: Grimm are crawling all over the city. The White Fang's invaded Beacon, and to make matters worse, some... hooligan has seized one of my ships. Until we regain command, the skies are out of our control. So I'm...

Ironwood is interrupted by a sneak attack from a Creep, which is swiftly dealt with from a bullet to its head.

Ironwood: ...going to take it back.

As Ironwood turns for his ship, he is stopped when asked a question.

Jaune: What should we do?

Ironwood:You have two choices. Defend your Kingdom and your school... or save yourselves. No one will fault you if you leave.

Ironwood then proceeds to climb up on the dropship in front of him, as he addresses the crowd of soldiers.

Ironwood: Let's move out!

He leaves as we stood there in silence until West interrupted us.

West: Ignore Ironwood if you actually leave you guys are nothing more then cowards. Now then who here wants to prove that they can be useful here?

Sun: I'm down.

Everyone starts to nod their heads in agreement with West's statement.

West: Good no ones backing out then let's move it people!

We all start to make our way to a bullhead ready to fight.

————————————————————————

Alright I did it wish me luck I guess

Alright I did it wish me luck I guess. Anyway hope you like this chapter and I'll see you in the next one. :)