👑Chapter 85👑 Growing

Start from the beginning

“I'm glad dear. Now get out of here, your shift is over,” she said with a big smile.

“Right,” I said, grabbing my bag.

I went to the back and changed out of my uniform. I shrugged my hoodie and skinny jeans on, wishing I was in my pajamas at the moment.

We are in public, Madina, the bags under your eyes are embarrassing enough. Let's not being Pj's into this situation, I reminded myself.

“Bye, Betty!” I yelled, opening the door.

“Goodbye, dear!” She yelled back from the back of the store.

I was excited to go home until I remembered that Majeed took my car today to his job interview. Something about how he didn't have enough time to do the oil change on his own car. For a son of a mechanic, he sure was lazy when it came to cars.

I didn't mind walking. Improving my cardiovascular system made me feel empowered. But I've been up from 6am, and now it's almost 3pm; I think I deserved to drive home.

I walked out of the shop and looked up from the ground.

My eyes widened as my lips turned into a smile. A genuine smile. Not a forced one. A type of smile that I wouldn't have noticed until someone pointed it out.

I saw Bryson leaning against his blue Corvette. Sun glasses, jeans jacket, and black jeans that hung low on his waist.

His smirk stretched when he saw me staring at him.

It felt good to know he could drive his car again. I know how much it hurt him when I would drive him around. You see, Bryson over here is the dominant one. He likes to be in charge. He will put me in charge to make me happy, but in reality, he is still in charge by putting me in charge.

That was complicated…

Just like our relationship.

I took a couple more steps towards him, the sun making him look like a fallen angel from heaven.

“Do I know you?” I asked, keeping a good distance between us. “I just caught you staring, sir, and I thought I should ask.” I said, crossing my arms with a sly smile.

“Maybe this will help you remember.” He said, grabbing my arm and pulling me close to him.

I let out a shrieking sound when he pulled me close to him. My hand landed on his shoulder as I looked up at him.

Bryson took off his sunglasses as he stared down at me with his peculiar blue eyes. His blue orbs shined a deep blue, never leaving my own brown ones.

“Do you remember me now?” He asked.  

I wanted to make a snarky comment back and embarrass him a little… but I couldn't. His eyes had me in a trance that had me twirling around with them.

My lips parted as my heartbeat was increasing, and my throat feeling the Sahara desert.

“Okay, love birds, let's get rolling.” I heard Dylan's voice.

I snapped out of my daze and saw Dylan's head poke out of Bryson's car window. Then, I saw Aadila waving from behind Dylan's big head.

“What are you guys doing here?” I smiled widely, pushing Bryson out of the way as he groaned.

“Ask Prince Charming over here, he planned everything,” Aadila said.

I turned around and faced him again. “Oh, now I remember you now!” I said to Bryson.