👑Chapter 39👑 Love Story

🌟 Dedication goes to: aimen_rizwan🌟

👑👑👑

“Busy day huh?” Aadila asked sitting on the stool.

“Yeah” I said taking a deep breath wiping some sweat I had under my hijab.

“You need to stop working” Aadila said taking a scoop from her ice cream.

“I mean I could. But, I feel bad when my parents pay for everything” I said.

“You're a good child” she smiled.

I shrugged “It's the least I could do. I remember how much we use to struggle when Majeed and I were younger. We never had expensive things”

“Yeah?” Aadila encouraged me to say more

“Mhmm” I said wiping the tables.

“My dad finally ended up getting a nice engineering job in downtown Toronto. It kinda just went up from there. Then my parents had another kid. Alhamdulillah (Thank God) we got through that time in our lives. I know people have it worse and I pray for them everyday” I said.

“You're a good person Madina. Allah (god) will inshallah (in God's will) give you a great future” she said.

I looked up from the table and smiled. “Thank you, Ameen (honest)”

“Done with the tables?” Dylan asked running towards me.

“Yeah, all done” I said.

“Okay, great. Betty wants you to help her with the ice cream flavors in the back” Dylan said.

I nodded walking towards the back of the shop.

I saw Betty churning ice cream with some nuts mixed in with them.

“Needed me?” I asked.

“Ah, yes dear” she said forwarding me towards her.

Betty asked me to pour the vanilla flavoring with the hazel nut in the big brown bin. As I was focused on doing my job, I heard Betty struggling to turn the ice cream.

“Here let me help” I said taking the wooden spoon from her hand.  

“Thank you dear” she smiled folding her hands.

“We have mixer machines Betty, why don't you just use those” I said stirring feeling my muscles contract.

“No dear, machines don't put in the love that hands do when mixing” she said.

I smiled looking back at her.

“Agreed”

“Where's the boy?” Betty asked sitting on a stool watching me add ingredients.  

“The boy?” I asked.

“Bryson, I mean” she said smiling. Her cheeks looked like little apples on both sides when she smiled widely.

I shook my head in laughter.

“He has basketball practice” I said.

“I see” she said rubbing her chin.

“I just love it when he visits. The costumers love his energy too” she said.

“Me too” I said imagining his blue eyes filled with mysteries to be unlocked.