👑Chapter 79👑 Ruin My Life

💋Awesome cover made by: Amisbae! Thank you!💋

♡Chapter edited by the amazing and beautiful duchessoftheclouds

👑👑👑

I curled up on the sofa with a white album, filled with all the pictures of the day my parents got married.

My lips curved into a smile as I looked at one photo of my parents. Boba (dad) had a spoon filled with cake as his other hand had smeared cake that was pressed on my mom’s face.

They were in mid-laughter, their eyes sparkling with joy. They looked so in love. The thing is, nothing has changed. Boba (dad) still looks at Momma with the same warmth and love as he did many years ago.

Being in love is a weird thing, isn't it?

You trust someone else with your heart. You allow them to hurt you and love at the same time, because you believe it's deservable. Love is another version of heartache. But who told you love was only rainbows and sunshines?

If you don't experience hurt and heartache in love, it was never true love. It was just a mask hiding all the dirty little secrets that could hurt you.

Let love hurt you. That's when you'll know it was real ,once the rainbow blooms again.

I stared at the photo of my mom holding Boba’s (dad) hand in her white dress. Her smile was so wide as he stared at her with admiration.

Who would've thought they went through so much, just to be with each other at the end?

These truly are my parents. I understand now.

“Dina, come on, you should be leaving for school now,” Momma said as she leaned in over my shoulder.

She stood still behind me for a second, silence consuming her.

“You looked beautiful, Momma,” I said looking up at her as tears filled her eyes.

“Are you trying to tell me I don't now?” She asked, trying to laugh her tears away.

I laughed and shook my head. I got up and hugged her tightly.

“I didnt know you went through so much, Momma”, I said, holding her against my body.

“I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner, I didn't think you'd be interested, jaanem (my love),” she said.

I shook my head. “It's okay Momma, I understand.”

We let go of each other as my momma grabbed my hands. “My mistakes, Madina, all have had a cost in this life. Do you know what it feels like to not know if the Lord has forgiven your sins? It's awful.”

I squeezed my momma’s hands. “I think he's forgiven you, Momma. You're such a good person. You always put others before you. You've been praying for forgiveness for years. I think you should give yourself a break and believe that Allah (god) is the most merciful,” I said.

She sobbed as a tear ran down her eyes. “Ameen (agreement with God). It was worth it because I have such great children.” She kissed my forehead.

I wiped her tears as she spoke. “Do what your heart desires, Dina, but do not upset the higher power,” she told me.

I nodded and hugged her one last time before grabbing my bag and walking outside.

I got in Majeed's car as Masoud hopped in the backseat.