👑Chapter 22👑 Strong

I grabbed my books and ran to class as I heard the bell ring.

My legs worked fast around the school. I mean I have been here for almost two months. I knew exactly where everything was.

I ran into English and Mr Hope looked up from his book and grinned at me. He shook his head while chuckling lowly, he looked back down at his book.

As I walked to my seat I felt stares. But there was one stare I didn't feel.

Brysons.

He didn't even look at me, like he usually did. His eyes were glued on his phone. I huffed and sat down. My fingers twitched as I played with the end of my scarf.

Today I ended up wearing an olive green sweater with my black jeans. To top it off with my rose red hijab. I tapped my fingers on the desk feeling overwhelming feelings coming into my heart.

Mr Hope told us to read our books and stay quiet for the rest of the period. My heart was aching for some unknown reason. I bit the inside of my mouth out of frustration.

I was waiting for a stupid comment Bryson always made.

Or at least talk about basketball.

Or maybe even how much he thinks he's awesome at surfing.

But I got nothing.

He was ignoring me. Which was odd, he always had something to say to me.

Me!

Madina Omar.

Not those other girls that threw themselves at him.

I turned around looking at him. He was reading his book quietly, his eyes moved through each sentence.

I cleared my throat, but he didn't look at me.

I tapped on his desk, he still didn't look up.

“Bryson” I whispered feeling my throat dry up.

My heart skipped a beat when his eyes looked up at mine for a moment.

He looked down reading once again.

“What do you want Madina?” he asked.

What!

He didn't even call me beads!

I didn't think I'd learn to love that stupid nickname. 

“Umm uh…” I started feeling my throat drying up 

This wasn't me, it was always so easy to talk to him.

Now?

It's not.

“I'm sorry” I said in a whisper hoping he wouldn't hear me.

“For what?” he asked skipping through the pages not even looking at me.

“You for uhh… acting like that” I said playing with my fingers. 

Where the hell did my confidence go?

“No actually I think you were right” he said putting his book down looking at me.

He crossed his arms, my eyes instantly looked at the muscles that would flex with any small movement.

Look away…. Ya Allah (oh god)

“Uh you do?” I asked.

“Yeah, I meant what I said. We shouldn't talk anymore. Don't worry you don't have to worry about me bothering you anymore” he said grabbing his book.