Not Again

We continued on our walk, weaving through the grey tombstones until Aleks came to a stop in front of one massive one. The whole cemetery gave off an eerie aura, especially since the sun had just set and the full moon shone bright in the sky.

"Here lies Anastasia and Ivan Marchant. RIP," he reads the epitaph aloud.

"They probably would have loved to meet you, you know. I can picture what my dad would say. 'Wow, for once you asked a good one!" He chuckles and looks down.

"Then my mom would've hit his arm and scolded him for embarrassing me. She died of Leukemia last year. My dad became so depressed and distant after she passed that his heart just stopped. I guess you really can die from a broken heart."

I watch his face drop as he says the last part and feel a pang in my chest. Although my mom had killed my father right in front of me, at least she was still alive. I couldn't imagine how Aleks felt having no parents at all.

My eyes travel to the gravestone and around the intricate details carved into the stone.

"They sound like they were great people." I say without looking away from the stone.

"They were."

A flicker of movement in the corner of my eye makes me spin my head to the left. Something darts behind a tree and disappears as quickly as it appeared.

"Did you see that?" I ask Aleks, starting to feel uneasy.

"See what?" He looks up at me with furrowed eyebrows before his gaze moves to something behind me.

"Teagan, don't turn around." He instructs me as his uninjured arm slowly moves toward a handgun in his pocket I hadn't noticed before.

Fear grows in the pit of my stomach when he raises his arm, not moving his eyes away from whatever was behind me.

Another flicker of movement behind a gravestone to our left makes me scream.

"Aleks, look out!"

By the time he turns his head he's already pinned to the ground by someone wearing all black.

"Get off of me, you dirty son of a bitch!" He struggles under the weight of the person but can't get free because of his arm.

I begin to move toward the two to try pulling the person off of Aleks but an arm wraps around my neck, cutting off my air supply.

"You're not getting away this time." A gruff voice says into my ear.

Davne

"Screw....You." I gasp out. His grip loosens enough for me to breathe again but not enough for me to get free.

I look over to Aleks and the attacker, who were now on their feet and had Aleks' arms behind his back. You could see how much pain he was in from his arm but he didn't show it at all.

"JC, get pretty boy here in the van. I'll be there in just a minute." Davne barks out. 'JC' nods and pushes Aleks forward and down the path.

"Nighty night, sweetheart." He whispers before a cloth is placed over my mouth.

Not again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A.N

I know this is the shortest chapter I've posted in a while but there wasn't too much I could put into this one without dragging it out.

I'll see you guys in the next and final chapter! It might just be uploaded tomorrow. Maybe.

Have a great day!

xo