Cemetery

*Teagan*

"Ugh! Fuck this stupid sling!"

Aleks' yell wakes me up in an instant. I frantically search the bedroom until I spot him standing by the dresser.

"What happened?" I groggily ask while rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

"I can't open up the damn drawer with my arm like this and it's starting to piss me off."

"I can tell," I say with raised eyebrows.

He huffs and sits on the floor pretzel style with his eyes closed. He takes a few deep breaths before getting back to his feet and turning to me.

"Could you open this drawer for me?"

"Sure," I reply as I stand and make my way over to him.

Although my own wrist was still pretty painful, I opened the sliding drawer easily and look at Aleks with a pointed look.

"Was that really worth yelling about?"

He grins sheepishly, "no."

This type of behavior from him was expected at this point. It was obvious that he had a few anger issues that showed at times. Like Kevin said that one time in the kitchen, it was like Aleks was almost always had PMS.

He grabs clothes from the bottom of the drawer and heads to the bathroom to change.

2:00 p.m

Has it really been nine hours?

I subconsciously touch the bracelet around my left wrist, my right one was still screwed up, and feel each small charm attached to it.

The shamrock, supposed to be a sign of good luck but didn't work too well for me.

The half of a heart charm, Adeline had the other half, it was supposed to mean that our family would stick together no matter what. That has a whole new meaning now.

Finally, the 'T' charm. Obviously it stands for Teagan. There were only three charms on the silver chain because there wasn't much time to get more before my dad was- you know.

Aleks' voice makes me turn my head. "Hey, Teagan. Is it alright if we just have the date tonight? Jordan just called and said that the wall should be up tomorrow so we'll have to go back."

"Yeah, that's fine. How's it almost done already though?" I rise from my position on the floor.

"He hired the fastest workers," he grins and his gaze moves to my bracelet.

"You never did tell us why that thing was so special to you," he points to it with his eyebrows raised.

"Might as well take a seat, this is gonna be a long story."

-------------

"So you actually licked the salt lick?" Aleks asks between bursts of laughter.

"Yeah. Then when the teacher asked if I licked it, I just said 'maybe' and walked away." I say while laughing.

He clutches his stomach and falls backwards on the floor.

After he'd asked to explain the bracelet I sat him down on the floor and somehow we ended up on the topic of my 4th grade field trip to a farm when I licked a salt lick instead of the bracelet.

"I really shouldn't be laughing, that must've tasted horrible." He gives one last laugh before sighing and placing his hands behind his head.

"Anyways, this charm bracelet was given to me by my father about a year before mom went 'crazy'," I put air quotes around the last part,"More like when she decided to finally get rid of the only person that was stopping her from being the top." I scoff and turn to Aleks, whose eyes are watching me speak so intensely you'd think I was talking about something a lot more serious than a charm bracelet.