Confusion

*Teagan*

Now I was really scared. Can you blame me? I just found out I'd pretty much been kidnapped by the deadliest gang in Denver - scratch that, in the whole state of Colorado.

I glanced over at Aleks who was smirking at my surprised reaction. The I focused back on Jordan who was also smirking.

"Aleks, take her back to her house. I believe our little talk is over now."

I didn't have time to protest before I was out of the mansion and in the passenger seat of the car that brought me here.

Everything was quiet in the car except for the soft rev of the motor until Aleks broke the silence.

"Where do you live?"

"Why do you have to take me back to my house? Why can't you drop me off at my car?"

He mumbled under his breath as if the reason was clear.

"Unless you want to be filled with bullets, I suggest you choose to go back to wherever you live."

"Harsh much?"

"I'm only stating the truth."

Obviously I want going to tell him I lived in a mansion with my grandparents and sister, so I told him the address of the place a few minutes away from the mansion.

The car ride dead silent until Aleks, once again, spoke.

"What's your name?"

I looked over at him, he seemed serious.

"Teagan."

He scoffed.

"Isn't that a boy name?"

"Fuck off."

I mumbled.

"Sorry, sorry. Anyways, we've reached your destination."

I couldn't have scrambled out of the car faster.

Aleks sped off into the dark and I sprinted home.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"What took you so long?"

My grandmother screeched.

"The Seven Eleven was closed so, uh, when I tried to start my car to leave it didn't so I called a friend to drive me home."

That was the first time I lied to both of my grandparents. They somehow seemed satisfied with my response and went to bed.

I sighed in relief once the sound of their footsteps ceased.

I jogged up the steps to my room and shut the door. I pulled off my clothes and padded over to my dresser to get pajamas.

Once I'd done everything I needed to get ready for bed I laid on my mattress thinking about the events that had just happened.

So many questions were swirling in my head like "Why did Aleks apologize for making fun of my name?" And "Why did they let me go unharmed?"

My thoughts died down when I heard my bedroom door creak open. It sounded twice as loud as normal since most of my furniture was packed into moving boxes. Adeline's small silhouette appeared in my doorway.

"I had a bad dream."

I patted the bed beside me and moved over so she had room.

"Did your car really break down?"

I debated on whether or no I should tell the truth. After all, she was my sister.

"No, I just got mixed into some bad stuff. That's all."

She was silent before she replied

"I knew it didn't break down because if it did you would've known how to fix it."

Addie was unique. She was the most observant and the smartest seven year old I knew.

She gets it from my dad's side of the family. My grandfather was and FBI agent before his retirement, my grandmother was a detective, my father was a special agent before the incident, and my mother wasn't the most sane person so she never really had a job except raising Addie and I.

Hell, even I was significantly smarter than other people my age that went to my school. I graduated at the top of my class, participated in several sports during high school- although I didn't necessarily enjoy the physical activity- and had scholarships to multiple colleges that I didn't plan on going to anytime soon.

"Goodnight, Adeline."

"Goodnight, T."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~