Pocket

*Teagan*

As I followed Aleks and Kevin back down the long hallway and into the foyer, I began wondering if they would allow me to talk to Adeline before coming back to the 'Creature' house.

"Is there any chance that we could stop at my grandparent's house so I can talk to my sister?" I asked tentatively.

We were now walking along the circular driveway to the black car that brought me here the very first time.

Aleks waited until the car was unlocked to answer, "If you don't take up a lot of time getting your items, then yes."

A small bubble of happiness grew inside of me. At least I'd get to tell my sister where I would be staying until The Creatures decided to let me go. I wasn't going to even try to tell my grandparent's where I would be living. I know they'd go completely ballistic from knowing I was basically living with the most feared gang in the state. Especially my grandmother.

Kevin got into the passenger seat and I got into the one behind him. The car started with a soft rumble and Aleks pulled out of the driveway and through towering metal gates that I hadn't noticed before.

Then another thing hit me. "What about my car?" Panic was pretty clear in my voice. Aleks looked back at me through the rear view mirror. "I was planning on stopping at the Cherry Cricket before going to your apartment. That way there'll be more room for your stuff." I nodded and leaned back into the seat.

The digital clock on the dash read 3:20 when we reached the bar my car was parked at. Since there were very few cars in the parking lot it wasn't hard to spot my shiny black Ferrari. A breathless 'woah' was heard from the seat in front of me when we pulled beside it. "That's a pretty sick ride you got," Kevin said, turning to look at me. I nodded in agreement and patted my pockets for the keys.

Aleks shook a keychain in front of me . "I got your keys out of your pocket last night so they didn't get lost."

My eyes widened in surprise, "You-You got them out of... My pocket?" I kept my keys in my back pocket.

He opened the door to avoid answering my question but the redness on his cheeks was visible. He cleared his throat and got out, "Kevin, you drive this car and I'll ride with Teagan to make sure she doesn't.. get off track."

I took the keys from him and walked over to the driver's side of my car. I pressed the unlock button on the keychain and hopped into the seat. The passenger door opened and Aleks got in.

"To my apartment?"

"To your apartment." He said with a small smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A.N

Not much happened in this chapter but I swear the next one will have a bit more action. It should be up sometime over the weekend.

Have a fantabulous (yes that's an actual word) day!!

xo