Bra

*Teagan*

For a good part of the ride to my apartment, I questioned why I was suddenly comfortable with the fact that I'd been basically kidnapped and was being forced to live in a house filled with people I'd had very little to no contact with at all. Deep down I wasn't entirely okay with that thought but somehow I didn't show it.

Only when Aleks said "We're here" did I refocus my attention on the real world rather than my thoughts. After shutting my car off and making sure I had the keys in my hand - I had a tendency of forgetting and leaving them in the ignition - we casually walked across the lobby and to the front desk.

Aleks leaned over and said, "Tell her you won't be staying in your apartment for a long period of time but to still keep your name in the records and to continue asking for monthly rent so when you return it won't be a hassle to reregister you." I gaped at him. How the hell did he come up with that so quickly? He waved me away and turned to Kevin.

As I walked up to the desk my hands began shaking. I'd never been a good liar, and although this technically wasn't a lie I was still nervous.

The receptionist looked up at me and her red lips pulled up in a smile when I approached her desk.

"Hello, my name is Teagan Martin and I've been living in this complex for about two weeks now."

She put on a pair of reading glasses to look down at a paper sitting in front of her. The lady opened her mouth like she was about to speak, but I beat her to it.

"And I thought I'd notify you that I will not be living in my apartment for a long period of time but to still charge me the monthly rent so when I return you won't have to go through the trouble of re-entering me into the computer file." Once I'd finished talking I clasped my hands together even tighter and waited for the receptionist to respond.

She glanced back at her paper and back up at me. "I will notify the complex owner right away, but are you aware that you had a visitor last night while you were away. They said that they were a close friend of yours but to be safe I asked a series of questions about you. They answered them all correctly so I gave the man access to your apartment."

Man? It might have been my grandpa coming to check on me but if that's the case why didn't he say he was my grandfather instead of a close friend?

I thanked her for her help and walked back to Kevin and Aleks. "She said something about me having a visitor last night while I was at Cherry Cricket, she doesn't know who it was though. Do you have my apartment key too?"

He nodded and pulled them out of his pocket.

"I suppose you got those out of my pocket too?" I jokingly asked.

A faint blush was visible on his cheeks while he shook his head, "nah, these were in your purse." Kevin looked back and forth between us as we walked toward the staircase.

"Why are we taking the stairs?" I questioned.

Aleks sighed and said "You ask too many questions." He looked over at me, "Kevin could use the exercise." I laughed and Kevin exclaimed "Hey!"

Our laughter echoed loudly through the stairwell as we trudged up the six flights of steps that led to my apartment.

Halfway up, Kevin mutters "Together to the top everyone." And when I looked at him he made the creepiest face I've ever seen a human being make. Aleks shook his head, "He does that every time we walk up stairs."

Who knows how much time passed when we finally reached my floor. Kevin collapsed face-first on the carpet and groaned. "God dammit, Aleks. I'm never letting you choose whether we take the elevator or not ever again."

As I watched them playfully argue I began wondering how these two guys were members of a gang that was rumored to be the worst.

I grabbed the keys from Aleks' hand and jogged down the hall to my door. I turned the key in the lock and twisted the doorknob open. When my eyes landed on the inside of my apartment, I gasped and covered my mouth.

It was a mess. My couch was flipped over and my TV had been smashed into pieces. "Holy shit" someone whispered behind me. I cautiously stepped over the pieces of my television to walk to my room. "They were here." Kevin stated from the doorway. Aleks walked in front of me and pulled a pistol from his waistband that I hadn't noticed before. Well why would I be looking in that area anyways? There wasn't anything of interest to me down there. Oh great, I'm making myself blush.

"Just grab your clothes and any personal things you want to take with you," he said as he pushed open my bedroom door and pointed the gun inside.

I walked into my room and noticed that it seemed untouched. Thankful nothing had been messed with, I pulled multiple bags from my closet and began stuffing clothes in them. "Yo, Aleks, look at this!" I spun around only to see Kevin with one of my bras wrapped around his face. Blushing furiously, I grabbed it off of his face and quickly stuffed it in a bag before Aleks saw it. I pointed my fore finger and middle finger at my eyes and then at Kevin as I walked backwards to my closet. He shrugged and went back to looking at my things.

Once I had all of my clothes, shoes, and pictures in bags I huffed and pulled the bags to the door. Suddenly I realized that I didn't have my bracelet. I felt my wrists and began frantically looking around the apartment. "What're you looking for?" Aleks asked with his eyebrows furrowed.

"My bracelet" I breathed out. I ran to my room and looked in the last place I remembered placing it. I searched my nightstand drawers and breathed a sigh of relief when the familiar silver chain caught my eye.

"You ready to go?"

I clasped the bracelet around my right wrist.

"Let's get out of here."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A.N

Pretty long chapter this time huh? My writing started getting a bit sloppy towards the end and I apologize. I'm also sorry about the typos that may occur throughout this book. It's just that it's about 12 AM where I live and I'm a bit tired lol.

Have a great day!

xo