Lamps

~One week later~

*Teagan*

Finally! The moving truck had just left and I've already began to unpack. My grandparents were in tears once the last box was loaded onto the truck. Saying things like "Oh! I can't believe our little Teagan's moving out already!" or "Our cup of Tea's all grown up" and then blowing their noses made me want to stay in the massive mansion.

I got over the feeling in the pit of my stomach and placed the boxes in the rooms in which the items inside would be placed. Of course this was a new apartment that didn't have an air conditioner in it yet so I placed a large fan in the living room to keep me cool. The cord happened to be in the hall that I was carrying my table lamps through. An indescribable noise escaped my lips as I watched the box marked 'Fragile' crash to the floor. Grimacing at the sound of glass breaking, I sat up the box and glanced at the 'Fragile' stamp.

"No shit," I mumbled under my breath.

My head felt like it was going to explode because I was so tired. I nudged the broken lamps out of the way and plopped down on the couch. My eyelids became heavy and I drifted off to sleep.

*Aleks*

"Did you find out her name?" Jordan questioned.
I wasn't sure why he was just now asking this but I replied anyways

"Yes, her name was Teagan."

He nodded and called for Seamus.

Not a minute later, Seamus burst through the door.

"What do you need?"

"Seamus, I want you to research that girl that was here last week."

"What's her name?"

"Teagan" I blurted out before Jordan could.
"I'm on it," he said before he ran out of the room.

I asked Jordan why he was just now asking what Teagan's name was.

"Because I have a feeling she could be a threat. The AK's have attacked us 3 times in the past month, Aleks. There's no telling what could happen now."

"How could she be a threat? She seemed like she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time" I replied with my eyebrows furrowed.

"I noticed how she took in her surroundings. Teagan's observant and she took control of that quality to note the exits and ways to escape if need be"

I raised my eyebrows. "You could tell all of that just from talking to her for five minutes? Damn Dude, are you some kind of mind reader?"

Even after being in the gang for six years, I couldn't get used to how Jordan had a way of reading people. It was some freaky shit.

Jordan slowly nods whilst tapping his chin thoughtfully. "I have a very good feeling that she's the daughter of-" he gets cut off by Seamus bursting through the door.

"Guys - holy shit, you won't believe what I found under Teagan's name" Seamus rambled as he raced into the room with a laptop.

While he was breathing heavily, he turned the laptop towards us.

I scanned the document and after reading and rereading it several times, I ran a hair through my hair.

"Damn Dude."

"I was right," Jordan breathes out.

"We've got to find her before they do"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~