Pineapple

*Aleks*

"Jordan, can I talk to you for a minute?" I say with a low voice so no one can hear. He nods and heads back to his office.

I take a seat on the other side of the desk as he sits on his office chair.

"When we were leaving Teagan's apartment building today, the AKs, they were waiting for us in the parking lot. I was planning on taking her to say goodbye to her sister and grandparents but we had to book it outta that place when the group of them headed to a car." I explain, leaving out the part about the secretary working with them and push my hair away from my face.

He nods and pushes himself away from the desk to pick up a $20 flip phone - the kind you get at Walmart that come in a plastic box - and began pressing buttons. Jordan's always used those cheap flip phones instead of a regular one like the rest of us saying "A rival could easily track your phones. These flip ones can be thrown away or destroyed without it really mattering."

He doesn't realize that we're gangs, not the government. Sometimes I wonder how he's the leader.

"Hey, Spencer, I need you to cancel all the shipments that are scheduled for the next year." Spencer was the guy who ordered weapon and ammo shipments for us since buying them at a shop was too risky. He was a pretty scrawny boy which is why nobody ever suspects him of doing such a thing.

Jordan says 'ok' a few times and hangs up. "He said he could cancel all shipments but one. Says it's the only heavy weapons one he could order. Thanks for informing me about that encounter." I nod and get up to leave when he speaks up again.

"Oh, and Aleks, remember that she's not ready to know who her parents were."

"Gotcha." I exit the room and head towards the living room where I find Kevin, James, and Teagan playing a game of COD. I raised an eyebrow, since when does James play Call of Duty and enjoy it?

Jumping into the recliner next to Kevin, I take out my phone to check the time. It was now 7:30. Looking over at them, I wondered how they hadn't acknowledged my presence yet.

A ringtone began blasting throughout the room and James paused the game to answer his phone.

"Hello? Zander, how do you forget the code that unlocks the gate all the time? Wha- yeah, I'll be out in a minute." He ended the call and stood up, handing his controller to me.

"Zander and Clarissa forgot the code again so I have to go out and unlock the gate." Kevin spun his head towards James, "Clarissa's here?" He asked excitedly. "I'm coming too!"

And then it was just Teagan and I.

"Who are they?" She asks motioning to the door. "Zander is James' girlfriend and Clarissa and Kevin have something going on but they won't admit they're dating." She nods and goes to restart the game when I notice the bowl of pineapple sitting on the arm rest beside Teagan.

"Where the hell did you get pineapple from?" I ask, genuinely confused.

"When Kevin and I went into the kitchen to grab some sodas I saw you guys had canned pineapple chunks so I asked if I could have them and he said I could, so yeah." She shrugs,

"Are they like your favorite food or something?"

She turns to me with wide eyes, "don't even get me started on how great pineapple is. Spongebob lives in one so how are they not the best fruit ever created?"

I chuckle when I reach for a piece of pineapple and she watches me with squinted eyes. "I'll let you have some this time. You try to take them again and you'll wish you hadn't." She says and turns back to the television screen like it was nothing.

I took this time to actually study her. She wasn't bad looking at all. With her brown hair and bright blue eyes, I wouldn't be surprised if she had guys worshipping her existence. Wait. Woah woah woah, was I checking her out? Yeah, I was.

"Aleks!" I snap out of it, "what?"

Teagan looks at me with her brows furrowed. "Why are you staring at me like that?" Great, Aleks. Now you're blushing.

" I was just- you know- uh, there's a spider in your hair?" I say more like a question than a sentence. Real smooth, Aleks. Her eyes widen. "Where?!" And she frantically starts feeling her hair for the nonexistent bug.

"Here," I say as I reach over the chair next to me and pluck out the 'bug' and flick it away. I rolled my eyes at my own actions. When I leaned back, I realized that our faces were inches away. I stare into her eyes as she does the same to me.

"James, I told you that 'honeycomb' is a very hard code word to remember!" I jump away from Teagan and back into my own chair and turn towards James and Zander, who had just entered the room.

"Oooooo! Did little Aleks finally get a girlfriend?" Zander joked, looking at Teagan with a smile. I blushed even harder than before, "no. We'll explain later."

"I'm Zander Ranosa. Nice to meet you-?"

"Teagan," she replies.

"Nice to meet you, Teagan!" She says and shakes her hand.

"You wanna play?" James asks Zander, holding out the controller that previously belonged to Kevin.

"Heck yeah! I'm gonna kick your asses!" She says with a playful grin.

"Oh, it's on" Teagan challenges.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A.N

These updates haven't been on schedule much, have they? I'm trying to fit in as many chapters as possible before going on vacation so you could possibly see another chapter pop up over the weekend or early next week. On another note, we got any ship names? Taleks? Tealeks? Algan? Wait that last one just sounds weird. Pretty sure that's an actual name. Well then....

Hope you have a fantabulous day!

xo