Waffles

*Teagan*

My eyes flew open. I had the same nightmare again. I was gasping for breath after having the horrid dream. No matter how many articles I read on how to suppress nightmares, those methods never worked.

My eyes scanned the room I was in. This isn't my room. I ripped the covers off my body and looked down. I was in my clothes from last night. Any other time I wouldn't have made a big deal and just thought that I had been too tired and drunk to change clothes, but this isn't any other time. A scream escaped my mouth. Soon after I screamed, the door flew open. "What happened?!"

I gaped at Aleks. Who does he think he is to take me wherever I am now. This sure as hell isn't my bedroom.

"What'd you do to me?" I screech.

His eyes widened and he quickly shook his head, "Nothing! You're in the Creature house."

"That doesn't explain why I'm here!" I exclaimed whilst gesturing at the room I was in. He sighed and told me to get up and follow him. I obliged and walked with Aleks down a large hallway.

"Eat breakfast first. Then we'll explain why you're here"

"Who's we?" I sure hoped that 'we' didn't mean the rest of the gang or even worse, James. As I said before he was the scariest person I've ever met. Well, next to my twelfth grade Math teacher. But that's a different story.

I didn't want to stay here any longer but because I was desperate for an answer, I followed him into what I could only guess was the kitchen. Sitting on one of the island stools was a guy with tan skin and black hair that was sipping from a glass containing orange juice. He immediately looked up from his cereal when we walked in.

"So this is Teagan?" His voice was deep. "Yeah. Do you know if Jordan's up yet?"

"Nah, it's only-," he pauses to look at the digital clock on the stove, "8:00" Aleks nods and walks over to an enormous refrigerator. When I passed the black haired guy he spoke to me, "I'm Kevin by the way" and he stuck out his hand for me to shake. "Teagan" I nodded at him and shook his hand.

So he must be another member. I didn't trust him along with whoever else lived in this house. I took a seat at the small table in the corner of the kitchen.

Soon after, a plate of waffles is sat in front of me. I looked up at Aleks and asked, "You made these?"

He shook his head and turned away. "Nope, they're toaster waffles"

Oh well, any kind of waffle's a good waffle.

I cautiously take a bite of one of the waffles while keeping my eyes on Aleks.

When Kevin noticed what I was doing he scoffed. "I don't think Aleks did anything to the waffles." I glared at the back of Aleks' head and replied. "Yeah, well you never know what people might do"

Kevin looked back and forth from me to Aleks. "What do you mean by that?"

"Ha! Why don't you ask Mr. Aleks over there about how he got me to come here"

I heard a scowl from the other side of the kitchen and turned my head towards the sound. "I told you we'd explain why you're here after you've finished eating" Aleks practically growls and goes into a separate room. Well alrighty then. I look back at Kevin. "Is he normally this moody?"

He took a quick drink of orange juice and slightly nodded. "Yep. He said he's going through some stuff but never tells us about it," he shrugs "I don't know, maybe he's on his man period"

I laugh and begin choking on my own saliva, which makes me laugh even more. Kevin was also laughing. I could hear his loud laughter echoing throughout the kitchen.

I wiped the tears from my eyes and give one last laugh before Aleks comes strolling back into the kitchen. I stuffed the last waffle into my mouth before looking at him. He gestures to the door, "Come on, now you'll get the explanation you wanted. Kevin, Jordan wants you there too"

How many members were going to be present for the explanation as to why I woke up inside of the house that The Creatures reside in? I begin gnawing on the inside of my cheek and wring my hands. I just wanted to go back to my apartment or back to my grandparents' house. Anywhere other than here.

We traversed through many long hallways until finally reaching a set of large, opened double doors. Aleks went in first with Kevin and I following.

This room seemed like a conference room. There were 3 computers lined up on a metal desk, a bookshelf, a whiteboard with a bunch of lines drawn on it, and in the center of the room was a long table with chairs lined up on each side. At the head of the table sat Jordan, or as I liked to call him, Patchy the Pirate's cousin.

Jordan nodded at us. "Have a seat." Aleks and Kevin sat down on either side of him, whereas I sat as far away from them as possible. Jordan clasped his hands together and focused his single eye on me.

"So Teagan, I believe you remember our last conversation. Correct?"

Why wouldn't I remember it? That was the single most frightening thing I've ever experienced! I nodded briskly and waited for him to continue. He clears his throat,

"I suppose I owe an explanation for why you are sitting right here on the opposite end of a table to me. Right?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~