Cherry Cricket

*Teagan*

As I sat on my couch bored out of my mind, I began wondering who I could hang out with. In high school I tended to avoid everything that meant I had to socialize with people so I never had too many friends. I don't think I even had friends. After realizing that I was a complete loner, I gave up and decided to go somewhere on my own.

Where could I go? Bowling would be boring alone. There weren't any good movies out at the moment. I didn't feel like going to the mall whatsoever. Aha! I could go to the bar that was right down the road from me. It was 6:00, which to me was a decent time to go to a bar.

I went into my bedroom to get ready. My closet didn't have many 'bar appropriate' clothes. I mainly owned hoodies, T-shirts, jeans, converse/vans, and a few frilly, girly clothes like skirts and poofy dresses.

My finger moved to my chin and I clicked my tongue while I pondered what I could possibly wear. When my eyes landed on a pair of dark-wash jeans and a white tank top with a lace overlay, I knew that was what I'd wear. The tank top slipped over my head and fit perfectly. I don't even remember getting this but I was happy with it.

It was now 7:00. I had gotten dressed and put on light makeup consisting of mascara, eyeshadow, eyeliner, and lip balm. My hair was in a side braid and as I glanced one more time at my self in the mirror, I said "Damn. I look good" softly laughing to myself, I grabbed a pair of peach Vans and headed out of my apartment to my car.

Since I lived in an apartment building I had to wait in the elevator for about five minutes until it reached the lobby. I bolted out of that thing as fast as my legs would allow. On the way down I was accompanied by this creepy dude - I'm pretty sure he was a janitor- who wouldn't stop staring at me.

I didn't allow myself to look back at him while I speed-walked to my car.

The day after I had been 'kidnapped' by Aleks, James, and the guy I called Fabio, my grandparents and I went to retrieve it. To be honest, I was surprised it hadn't been stolen by that other gang at the Seven Eleven. After all, it was a black Ferrari 458 italia. This thing was my pride and joy. Once again having rich grandparents has it's perks. I would never use them for money of course, I just loved the luxury life. That is if you consider the things that've happened in my lifetime luxurious.

The bar was only a ten minute drive from my building. Big bright letters above the entrance read 'CHERRY CRICKET' I parked my car the closest to the entrance as I could which wasn't difficult since the bar wasn't busy until the later hours.

A bell rang when I pushed the door open. For some reason the atmosphere of the bar seemed almost cozy. Though that might just be because I'd been thinking a lot lately and needed to unwind.

I sat myself on a stool at the bar and waited for the bartender to notice I was there. While waiting patiently, I looked around the room. There were maybe 20 people here at the most. I liked it better this way because you didn't have to worry about being trampled by people on the dance floor or about having your drink spiked when you weren't paying attention as much as you normally would.

"What would ya like?" The bartender asked me.

"Uhmm.. Just bring me a round of shots"

"Will do."

Then, just when I was pulling out $20 to pay for it, a voice that made my blood run cold said, "Hey, I'll pay for the round. It'd be the equivalent of me ordering a drink for you." I swear I knew that voice....

A gasp escaped my mouth when the person sat down next to me.

"Aleks?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN

So.... Yeh. Cherry Cricket's actually a real bar in Denver. Google helped me with the problem of finding a bar name. Also, the current book cover is just temporary until I get the time to make another one, unless you guys like it this way. Lemme know if you do.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter and have a super amazing,awesome, spectacular day :3