Chapter Nine

Jason smiled brightly, " It's really good to see you again Thalia." 

I looked at this girl, Thalia. She had startling blue eyes, Her black hair was styled into a pixie cut. She was sporting a large blue strip in her hair. She wore long pants and a stylish jacket that looked to be made out of animal skin which was much different to the thin cottton shawls I was used to. I looked to her chest, there was a large Lieutenant badge. So she was definitley in a high position of power. My eyes moved to her weapons. In one hand she held a sheild strapped to her wrist. The front was decorated with an image of Medusa's head and it seemed to be made out of celestial bronze. In the other hand she was holding a long spear.

She jumped down from the plank and lowered her spear onto the ground. Thalia quickly wrapped her arms around Jason,

" It's good to see you little brother." She said quietly. I understood how she was feeling in a way. She probably hadn't seen Jason in ages. I looked at Malcolm, his face was unreadable but I could see his eyes glinting in sadness, I quickly turned away.

Thalia lightly punched Jason on the arm, " Don't expect that to happen again."

He grinned, " Course not Thals."

She scanned over the crew before her eyes landed on me, " Got some new crew members Kelp Head?"

He scoffed, " As if you need any more hunters Pinecone face."

She laughed, " My names Thalia Grace, Lieutenant of The Artemis. Who are you?"

I smiled, whoever this chick was, I definitley liked her. " My names Annabeth, this is Piper and Hazel, pleased to meet you acquaintance."

Thalia looked over us one more time before turning back to Percy.

" Well since we're here you know what that means?"

He smirked, " Course I do, its time for an oh so friendly game of Capture the flag."

The Argo 2 burst in to screams of excitement, The hunters looked composed but i could tell that secretly they were just as excited.

" Whats capture the flag?" Piper whispered.

" Two teams trying to get eachothers flags, thats the basics of it. Nico really likes watching it so theres always a game going on." Hazel whispered back.

Frank must have overheard us, " You're close, because of space its more of an obstacle course. Basically we nominate the newest crew member and they represent the ship, if we havent had any new additions anyone who hasn't done it can go whoever gets the oppostites team's flag first wins. There's no prize, mainly just bragging rights." He explained.

I nodded, it made sense. That meant either either Me, Piper or Hazel would have to represent the Argo 2.

Thalia turned around and beckoned for someone. A young girl walked over the plank, she looked to only be twelve or thirteen. Her silver hair was styled in a bob, framing her delicate face, her brown eyes were large and happy.

" This is Juliet Hasley, the newest addition to the hunters, Now which one of you lovely ladies will be competing?" Thalia introduced, staring at us.

" I'm not feeling too well, so I'll sit out," Piper said quickly.

Hazel looked at her, " I'm not to keen to play either."

So that left me, I sighed. " Sure I'll do it." I stepped forward slighty.

Percy grinned, " Alright then Wise Girl, The match has been set!" He announced, " Annabeth versus Juliet!" This time everyone screamed. It was clear that this was a really big deal. My stomach dropped, how embarrasing it would be if I lost? That feeling was quickly overtaken by determination.