Chapter Seven

I could see the rest of the crew slowly fading into the distance, trying to get to the ship before the fishermen started rigging their boats. I was standing next to Percy, Piper and Hazel directly behind me.

"I'm not sure when I'll see you next Mum," Percy turned to face Sally, I could faintly notice her eyes glistening. I couldn't imagine my child leaving to be a pirate and never knowing when I would see them next.

"Alright then Percy, just don't get killed and we shouldn't have a problem," she laughed softly.

They shared a final hug before Sally quickly ran inside. Percy turned to me,

" Alright, we should probably start heading off, it's not a very long walk." His face didn't hold much emotion, I would guess he's upset about leaving too.

He started walking in the opposite direction from the house, over towards the huge forests that were a couple of meters away. We followed a dirt path, I took in the scenery. The trees tips where touching the sky and the flowers along the side made me smile. As we kept walking A small hut came into view, it was homely. There was a huge garden in the back, I could see different types of vegetable peeking out from over the white picket fence.

Percy's speed increased, racing towards the door and knocking feverishly. We were still a couple of meters behind him. It didn't take long for the door to open, revealing a man who I could only guess was Grover. His curly brown hair was covered by a Jamaican style beanie, his clothes were loose and hung freely around his thin frame. His eyes lit up when he saw Percy, quickly pulling him into a man-hug.

I walked up towards the doorway. It didn't take long for Grover to notice us.

"Perce you never mentioned any ladies in your letters?" He exclaimed excitedly, " Hold up, I'll go get Juniper!" He hurriedly disappeared into the house.

Percy chuckled and followed him, signalling us to come in as well. The house had a very simple decor. There were plants hanging from the ceiling and there was barley any mess on the floors. We entered a living room, the walls were covered in photos. I noticed a girl standing alongside Grover, she had long flowing red hair. I walked over to the fireplace and started at a photo. It was Grover and who I presumed was Juniper, Standing alongside a younger version of Percy. He didn't look to much different, his hair was a little shorter and his clothes fit a farm more then a boat but other then that he looked almost identical.

" Hello!! My name is Juniper! It's so lovely to meet you ladies!"

I turned around, Juniper was a little shorter then me but I immediately recognised her as the girl in the photos.

" Hi Juniper! My name is Hazel," Hazel our her hand forward and Juniper eagerly shook it.

" I'm Piper," Piper did the same as Hazel and received with the same reaction.

" My names Annabeth, it's nice to meet you too," I nodded in acknowledgement, Juniper nodding in return, thankfully respecting my boundaries.

" Come! We've set up a dining area outside! Everything's ready since we knew you were coming!" She babbled excitedly. She began walking towards a door behind the couches. I followed her out, the garden was beautiful, flowers took over every spare piece of land. As I suspected there were an abundance of fruit and vegetables in the far corner, the vines and leaves were tumbling over the edge of the fence.

Percy was already sitting with Grover, chatting animatedly about something, he noticed is walk in,

" Grover this is Annabeth, Piper and Hazel. The newest members of the Argo 2," He said proudly.

" So nice to meet you! As you know I'm Grover and this is Juniper, how are you enjoying the ship so far?" He asked excitedly, pulling out chairs for us to sit in.