Chapter Three

I could feel the sand between my toes as Piper and Hazel tried to drag me across the sand. Jumping out of the ship may have seemed like a good idea at the time but now? I was seriously regretting it. While I had made it to safety and thrown the entire crew off guard, I had put Hazel and Piper in danger as well. if they hadn't been here, maybe I could have made somewhere at least to hide, but now we were stuck, and about to get re-kidnapped.

" Annabeth what happened?" Piper asked, her breath was heavy.

" I've never seen the king so mad when Luke Castellan arrived and you weren't there he went berserk, then he checked your room to see you were gone. There was a note saying that He would never see you again! He ordered a search party but then fled to his room, he hasn't come out since." Hazel explained, her short frame struggling to carry my tall one.

" I was looking out my window and I saw a ship," I started, " It looked exactly like the one I saw before Malcolm disappeared. I had to check." Hazel and Piper just nodded, they knew my story better than anyone.

I began to hear more feet and the clanking of weapons. I turned my head and groaned. I knew it wouldn't work. Frank, Jason and Malcolm, were now sprinting towards us.

" Guys let me go, you run as fast as you can, I should be fine on my own," I said, my lungs weren't burning anymore and while I probably wasn't fine, maybe I could run far enough to get somewhere to hide.

They looked at each other and shook their heads, " Annabeth you're still shaking. I don't think you'll be fine." Piper grunted, trying to increase our pace.

Hazel nodded in agreement and they both continued to drag me. Almost immediately I felt their support disappear as I crashed into the ground, my mouth filling with sand.

"LET GO OF ME YOU BRUTE!" Piper screamed, bashing at her captor.

She had been slung over the first mate's shoulder, I think his name was Jason? Hazel was being held by the tall Asian guy.

I didn't have time to try and help them or even escape myself, I was grabbed by Malcolm. My energy was drained, I knew thrashing and resisting would be useless. I felt my arms and legs being tied together by a frayed price of rope, the exact same treatment was being given to Piper and Hazel.

I was being dragged back to the small boat that they had arrived on, none of us being able to move our limbs, so any attempts of escape would be futile. I didn't say a word as they began moving the paddles, dragging the boat back out to sea.

 I could see the crew members peering over the side in the distance., the blond doctors bandaged arm stood put to me. I smiled, at least they knew I wasn't playing around

"So why are we here? Being taken back to your sorry excuse of a pirate ship, I mean, I've already escaped once and I doubt you would go to all this effort for some money." I drawled.

"I missed my little sister?" Malcolm offered weakly.

I shot a glare, "I hope you're joking"

He shrunk back.

"We needed more crewmates', Malcolm wanted to see his sister and technically we're not allowed to let you go so..." Frank explained quickly.

"So you're telling me that you dragged me from my home, tied me up and imprisoned me just because Malcolm was missing his sister?"

I didn't get a response. Answering my question. I was fuming, 

"Annabeth it's not like you wanted to be there anyway!" Malcolm reasoned,

"IT DOESN'T MATTER!" I roared, trying to pull the rope free, "I HAD A DUTY, A DUTY THAT CAME ONTO MY SHOULDERS WHEN YOU DECIDED TO LEAVE! ATHENS NEEDS A LEADER, AND THAT LEADER WAS GOING TO BE ME, WHETHER I WANTED IT TO BE OR NOT!" My voice echoed around the deck, Malcolm took a step back.

"I'm sorry then." Malcolm's lips came into a firm, straight line. "But you were never going to be in charge. It would have gone to fathers new children, not his daughter. And even if you managed to end up Queen, as soon as you would get married or one of our cousins or something would come of age, you would be thrown away like that." He snapped his fingers.

"Malcolm just because you were going to be an awful excuse of a king doesn't mean I was going to be a sloppy queen. Now get over it and bring us back to the mainland." I snarled.

"No can do sister. You're stuck here, at least unless the captain says otherwise." Malcolm smirked, crossing his arms.

I leaned forward, "Well Then hurry up and get us onto that ship."

 I tapped my foot against the boat, beginning to get impatient." Start rowing boys, or else we're all gonna jump out of this boat," I threatened.

I could feel the boat slowly rocking, I looked at Piper and Hazel,

" I'm so sorry, you should have run when I told you to go," I whispered quietly, paring to the gods that the boys at the other end couldn't hear me.

" Don't apologise Annabeth, we wanted to help and it wasn't hard to figure out the risks." Piper rolled her eyes.

" At least we're together right? We always did work better as a team!" Hazel murmured encouragingly.

We were quiet for a while before Frank spoke up again.

"You know you did give up a quite a scare Annabeth, I certainly wouldn't have jumped into a freezing cold ocean just to escape some scallywags." Frank offered, trying to make me feel better.

"So what's going to happen when we get back onto the boat," Piper asked the annoyance still clear in her voice.

Jason shrugged, "Well if you're that desperate to leave then I suppose you'll go see the captain, but if you're willing to stay one of us would show you to your cabins I suppose."

"Organise a meeting with you captain." I snapped, "The sooner we leave, the better."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LEAVE OPINIONS AND COMMENTS BY PRESSING THE LINK IN MY BIO.

well I was going through and doing some editing when I found out that this chapter had deleted itself and left me with no idea what happened in this chapter and three hundred words. I ended up rewriting as much as I could, realised I'd written stuff that also happens in chapter four, rewrite this chapter and copy and paste some stuff from chapter four. Bro I am straight up not having a good time. Anyway I hoped you guys enjoyed.

VOTE AND COMMENT you know if you want.

See you in the next chapter!