Thiry Two

A/N: two more chaps... and its the end... happy reading ya guysss :))

——

Zayn's PoV

April 5th 2013.

Friday 8:55pm

Miami, Florida.

I don't know how long it had been but eventually it all came to a stop.

Vaughn gave Lauren one last kick in the stomach before nodding his head at Connor and rolling down his sleeves. He wipes some blood from his knuckles and looks down at Lauren with a smirk. I lock my jaw when he bends down and says something into her ear so only Lauren can hear it before standing back up to her feet.

He looks at the three of us, only Harry and I looking back. Camila is turned away in my arms. Her entire body is shaking and I do my best to hold her still and keep her calm as she whimpers against my chest.

Connor slowly lowers the gun and Harry goes to move but stops when Connor lifts it back up silently as a warning.

"I don't ever want to see or hear from any of you again, got it?" Vaughn threatens us and I nod silently, holding my breath as they walk away back towards their car.

We stay completely still until the car drives out of sight and then Harry is leaping towards Lauren who is gasping and whimpering in pain.

"Camila," I whisper soothingly into her ear. "It's over."

She tenses slightly and it takes her a moment to bring herself back to reality. She pulls out of my grasp, a sob escaping her lips as she takes in Lauren's broken form. In a flash she is on the floor beside her, her arms wrapped around her and holding Lauren against her.

I quickly move down beside Lauren, her whole face is covered in blood and her breathing is short and quick.

"Ssh baby, you're going to be okay I promise." Camila whimpers against her skin as she presses her lips to her forehead. "We need to call an ambulance!" she looks up at my frantically. "She needs to get to a hospital." Her voice is cracked and desperate as she continues to mumble reassuring words back to Lauren who looks semi-conscious.

I glance at Harry nervously who slowly rises to his feet, looking unsure and I cringe. There's an unwritten rule within the Jauregui family to never go to the hospital unless it is absolutely necessary. Hospitals equal questions and questions lead to the cops.

"What are you doing?!" Camila cries at us in disbelief. "Call an ambulance! Do something!"

Lauren coughs and splutters in her arms, a groan escaping her lips and I make the decision for all of us.

This is no longer a Jauregui call to make.

It's Camila's.

"You got your car?" I ask Harry hurriedly and he nods. "Go bring it round here now!" I order him and he freezes slightly before following through with my orders and I watch as he runs up the stairs towards the back alleyway.

"Okay, Lauren? Do you think you can walk?" I come down to her other side, taking in the cuts and blood on her face with a cringe.

"I... I don't know." She breathes out, while hissing in pain. "I feel dizzy. My head is spinning."

"Well we need to try." I throw her arm over my shoulder. "Camila," I motion for her to do the same and she shifts onto her feet so she is crouching before placing Lauren arm around her. "Okay, ready?" she nods. "Stand." I order her.