Twenty

Camila's PoV

December 26th 2012.

Wednesday 12:30am.

Miami, Florida.

I stand frozen as Ashley looks between the three of us with a frown on her face, clearly wondering what the hell is going on here, and more importantly why I am here, I realize as her eyes slowly dart to me.

"And what the hell is she doing here?"

Yep.

I see Lauren tense and my heart pounds painfully hard against my chest as I realize that this night is about to get a hell of a lot worse.

"Go back to bed Ashley this has nothing to do with you." Zayn speaks up first, his tone hard and firm but Ashley doesn't even flinch.

A look of intrigue crosses her face as she takes a step forward. "What are those." her eyes flicker down to the photos that have scattered to the floor and Lauren quickly darts down and gathers them up in her hands but I watch as the look of realization crosses Ashley's face and I know it's too late.

"Oh. My. God." her eyes widen almost comically as she looks between Lauren and me. "You two..."

"Go back to bed, Ashley!" Zayn orders her again but it's no use.

It's too late.

I stand completely still as a laugh falls from her lips, seriously, she finds this funny?

"Oh my god," she repeats those three damn annoying words. "This is...wow!" her eyes are sparkling with amusement. "You," she smirks at my girlfriend. "You I could see doing something like this, but you," she turns her attention back to me and shakes her head in wonder. "Wow. Camila Cabello...I never knew you had it in you! I'm impressed." she nods her head with a smirk.

I send her a glare because I have never liked her. I remember her first day as a freshman when she turned up to cheer practice, ignoring our protests that she needed to audition like the rest of the freshman wanting to be in the squad, instead she told us all that she didn't need to audition before then putting on a mini show of all the back flips she can do, as well as proving my suspicions that she really does know how to spread her legs.

Of course she managed to impress the majority of the squad and ended up on the team without attending try outs.

If that didn't irk me enough already, the attention that she turned towards Shawn and Michael definitely finalized my dislike for the youngest Malik and her latest dance date stunt with Lauren only just added too it.

"You have no idea what you're talking about." Lauren speaks up for the first time since she entered the room, her tone of voice cold and defensive.

"No? So you and Camila Cabello aren't sleeping together then?" she raises her eyebrow and crosses her arms in front of her. "I'm just dreaming and you aren't both standing in my hallway?"

Lauren glares at her before turning her head to me for a moment. I hold her gaze, unsure of what she is trying to portray and it takes me a minute to realize that she is feeling guilty.

I take a deep breath and take that step towards her, letting my hand slide into her larger one and I don't miss the way Ashley's eyes follow our every move.

"We're together." I confirm while trying to hide my anxiousness, especially when the smirk on Ashley's lips only grow.

"Together?" she asks amused.

"That's right." Lauren cuts in with a hard stare to match her tone. "Together."

Ashley bursts out laughing and Lauren takes a step towards her but I tug on her hand and pull her straight back.