Ten

Lauren's POV

October 20th 2012.

Saturday 7:45pm.

Miami, Florida.

"It's Saturday night, what the hell do you mean you don't want to do anything?!" Zayn looks at me in disbelief as he lights up a cigarette from his place on my couch.

"I'm quite happy to chill out here, have a few beers, smoke a few joints, play Xbox with the boys." I motion to the video games that Harry and Noah are currently competing against each other on, on the edge of their seats as they snipe competitive words back and forth.

"Mate this is simply pre-fun, we need to go find a party, or a club. Get drunk, find some hot girls! I'm not staying here all night!" Zayn tells me firmly. "And neither are you."

"That sounds good to me." Noah joins in our conversation, his eyes glued to my TV screen as his fingers tap furiously against the controller.

"And me actually." Harry agrees and I groan when I realize I'm now totally outnumbered.

Zayn turns to face me with a smirk and I sigh loudly and mutter under my breath in annoyance. "Fine." I huff.

"Great!" Zayn grins. "Any suggestions?"

"Don't look at me." I mutter unenthusiastic.

"Man what is up with you lately?" Harry throws his controller down and I realize that their game is finished. "You've been moody for over a week now."

"No I haven't." I scowl at him defensively.

"Yes you have, you're worse than a girl on her period." Noah smirks and I look at him with a cringe.

"Gross."

"He's right though." Zayn joins in and I wonder why the hell I am suddenly being ganged up on tonight. "You've been angry at everyone for no reason, hell you've barely left your apartment except for school or the odd job for Zach! What's wrong with you mate?"

"Nothing is fucking wrong with me!" I snap in frustration, but furthermore, proving their point.

Damn it.

"Ok fine." I sigh giving in. "I'm just a little fed up with school and Zach and everything."

"Which is why we need to go out tonight and unwind!" Zayn tells me enthusiastically. "All you need Lauren, is some drinks and a girl and you'll be happy as Larry!"

I cringe as I think about what going out tonight will mean, I have no doubt in my mind that I will have Zayn in my ear pointing out girls to me and Noah will be using his British accent to bring them over to our table or to where we are standing, I then will have them both pushing them onto me and that's when I'd have to work my own magic.

That used to appeal to me. Hell, I used to love it.

Not tonight though.

"What about that club in Castleton? Viva Viva is it called?" Harry suggests.

"Nah we can't go there, me and Lauren are banned." Zayn smirks and I let out a chuckle as I think about it. "Got into a fight with some punk, the bouncer tried to kick us out but Lauren decided to lamp him one, soon the owner got involved and Lauren also thought it would be a good idea to smack him too! Hell, we had to run for a fucking mile to hide from the cops!" he laughs at the memory of the event that happened about six months ago.

"I have an idea!" Noah smirks almost evilly and we all look at him intrigued. "It's The Grill's reopening tonight, right?" I freeze immediately, knowing about that but it's not exactly somewhere I want to be after the last time I was there.