"It's gone!"

"What? What has?"

"My case!" My Dad shakes his head and runs a shaky head through his hair. "Damn it!"

"What case sweetie?" my Mom asks confused and I share a glance with Sofia as my Dad runs that same hand down his face.

"On Zach Jauregui! All my files, all my documents! Their gone, Sinu! It's fucking gone! They've been stolen! I have nothing! No evidence, nothing!" he rants in desperate anger and my heart sinks to my stomach at the realization of what has happened.

Suddenly my good mood has vanished.

I excuse myself from the kitchen as soon as I can, hearing my Dad's ramblings as I run up the stairs to grab my phone and car keys before heading out the house.

I can't believe this.

Has this all been a lie?

Has everything that has happened between us just been one big ploy to get inside of my house and to steal my Dad's evidence against Zach?

God I am such an idiot!

The car ride to her house goes by too quick and I jump out of the car with shaky hands.

I am furious.

I feel so stupid right now! How dare she! It makes sense though, I mean, obviously she doesn't like me! It's Lauren Jauregui for Christ's sake!

I should have known. I should have seen this coming!

I bang on her door, once, twice, three times before eventually I hear her shouting that she's coming.

She opens the door in just a pair of shorts, and for the first time ever the physique of her body doesn't do anything to me.

"Camila," she looks confused. "What are you-"

I cut her off by raising my hand back and slapping her full force across the face.

Hard.

"Oww! What the hell!" her nostrils flare angrily as I go to hit her again but she grabs onto my wrist and pulls me inside, slamming the door behind me and pinning me back against it, my wrist still gripped tightly between her fingers. "What the fuck is wrong with you?!"

"What is wrong with me?! What the fuck is wrong with you, Lauren! I trusted you!" I shout at her angrily, my entire body shaking with rage.

I feel so used.

"Ok, rewind! You've clearly fucking lost your mind here, Cabello, but you're going to have to fucking explain to me why the hell you've stormed over here and hit me for no reason!"

"No reason?" I ask her in disbelief. "Do you really think that I'm that stupid? I may have fallen for whatever the hell has been going on between us these past few weeks but you can't fool me anymore, Lauren! I know it was you!"

Her eyes glisten with something that resembles anger and her jaw clenches. "I don't like being accused of shit, Camila, so at least do me the fucking honor of telling me what you are actually accusing me of here!"

"Don't play dumb! I know it was you, who else could it have been? I invited you into my home last night, Lauren! I was in the bathroom for a while, you could have easily snuck out of my room and to my Dad's office! I know it was you who took those files!"

I watch as a look of realization crosses her features and that tells me enough. I break my wrist free from her grasp and push her back with both hands with as much force as possible.

"Congratulations, your Uncle Zach will probably be getting off scott free you'll be happy to know. You'll also be happy to know that you will no longer have to keep pretending to be my friend, or whatever the hell it was that you were doing." I try and fight back the tears as she stares at me with a blank expression on her face and I let out a dry laugh before turning on my heel and leaving.