👑Chapter 84👑 Needy

Start from the beginning

“You don't have to explain it, Mr. Omar. I understand why you did it all. I respect how much you care about the safety of your daughter. But I just wish you would've took your time to listen to my side of the story too,” I said.

Mr. Omar swallowed the lump in his throat. He nodded his head and pulled me into a hug.

“I'm sorry, son. All the things you've been through this year, I should have asked your side of the story before judging you,” Mr. Omar said as he held me.

I patted his back. “One of the many things I've learned from Madina is to be forgiving. I forgive you Mr. Omar, as long as you forgive me for adding pain to your pain.” I said, letting go.

He searched my eyes, shock evident in his face.

“Of course I forgive you, Bryson,” he said.

That's all I needed to hear. I needed to know he didn't see me as a low-life kid that corrupted his daughter’s mind.

“That was beautiful,” I heard a much smaller voice say.

Mr. Omar and I both looked down to see Masoud wiping his tears as his book was clutched under his arm.

We all laughed as Alexander put his arm around Masoud. “You're such a softie.”

“Duh, I'm the nerd, you're the bully. Who knew we could be best friends?” Masoud taunted, punching Alexander's arm.

“Don't ever do that again.” Alex said, pinching Masoud’s arm. “I'm the abusive one.”  

“Your brother is crazy.” Masoud said, looking up to me.

“Oh, I know,” I chuckled.

“It runs in the family, Masoudy,” Madina said, standing beside me.

I looked at the side of her face as her lips twitched into a small smile.

“You bring the crazy out of me, Beads,” I said honestly.

She huffed. “I guess the feeling is very mutual,” she muttered, still not looking at me.

I squinted my eyes as a smirk played on my lips. I wonder if she knew how beautiful she was. It was a serious question to ask. Like, I don't know how a girl's brain works. Do they notice how every little feature on their face is just perfect for them? Do they see how soft their cheekbones look? So sharp, yet looks like a soft velvet flower petal.

“And stop staring at me, you creep.”

I choked on the spit in my mouth as I started coughing.

She giggled and moved away from me. My mother made her way to me as she held me tight to her chest.

“You make me the proudest mother every day, Bryson.”

“Come on, mum. We both know I haven't been the best these past years.” I said, holding her tighter.

She shook her head that was against my shoulder. “You need to know that you've never disappointed me, Bryson”

She kissed my forehead. “I always knew you would overcome these little mountains in your life. You never disappointed me, Octavious. The best thing a mother can have is a child who learns from their mistakes. And gosh, baby, you have learned more than enough.” She said as a tear fell from her eyes.

“Look at you,” she sobbed as she scanned my body. “My baby boy is healthy and walking again.”

I clenched my jaw and felt my eyes sting with tears.