The Battle of Moonlight Arrow - part eight

(Thank you soooo much for 3000 readers!!!! Have a long chapter as a thank you gift! But....Warning: this chapter is a sad one. And pretty much the last one! Meet me at the end, I'll have a few things to say. I started crying whilst writing one bit! Where I put this symbol: "{;-;}" is the point I started crying. Too many feels! Enjoy!!)

Red's point of view

The scale tipped.

An ominous power came slowly towards us, its presence becoming stronger and stronger as it came around. The aura around it was pitch black but that wasn't what caught my eye. It was huge.

An aura usually only has around 1m radius but this one was visible from at least 1km around. Silver, Masky, Hoodie and I all shrank back in fear from the sheer size of it, being the only ones able to physically see it. But we weren't the only ones to sense, it, all of us did. Violent shivers ran up our spines like the waves in a of the furious sea in the howling wind of a storm and every hair on my body stuck up like a hissing cat. No one moved, no one dared even blink as our attention was directed towards the gaping hole in the ground that permitted us to see the floor below us. There was not a sound, only the deafening silence of the night.

It was coming closer.

For a moment, I could swear my heart had completely stopped beating. My throat was unbearably dry and my eyes sore from not blinking. It became hard to breathe as the air felt thick.

And closer yet it came.

I began to feel sick, my inside twisting and churning in discomfort, and for a second the world distorted. It buckled and collapsed, falling and rising in a nauseous way. I felt myself fall back yet I was still standing, not having moved an inch. As the dizziness faded out, my body burnt up despite the cold, still air around us. My vision blurred and I almost blacked out; the aura was so strong it became unbearable. I saw Silver falter for a second and stumble a little as he came close to fainting. We wouldn't be able to withstand this for long.

It got worst. It got closer.
Silent, like the night itself. Creeping up on us.

Finally, it emerged from the shadows. Its eyes were visible first, glowing in a hellish blaze. Immediately I knew what had happened, Kiamero had taken over the body of Moonlight Arrow. With Kiamero's feared legendary power to top up the already almost unbeatable beast, the chances of even one of us getting out of here alive had plummeted down from one in a thousand to one in a trillion.
It had wings like a hundred wars had been fought in them and all the malevolence in the world was stored away in its mouth.

Some instinctive feeling tried to force me to obey to the creature's every will for it was obviously the most powerful one to have ever lived. It was majestic enough to rivalise with a god, a perfect god of death and destruction.

The odds were clearly against us; we had the thick and strong aura of the demon forcing us down, we were injured and small in numbers, exhausted and our natural instincts were screaming at us to submit. Not to mention the immense difference in power. To fight in these conditions was unthinkable.

And yet we'll do it. Because that's what we do, the unthinkable.

The claws from my gloves glinted dangerously as lightning flashed briefly, the light reflecting in my red eyes. Right as thunder roared in the distance, I dashed. The demon tried to hit me by slashing across my torso but I anticipated its movement and jumped into the air, scratching viciously at its face. And the second arm came into contact with me in mid-air.

The impact knocked the air out of my lungs and sent me flying of to the side. I cried out in pain as I rolled and skidded painfully on the cemented roof. My skin stung where I had scraped it and a stream of blood came from my right knee. I smirked, it was working.