Chapter Five

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. A pain coursed through my head and I slowly sat up to grab my phone. I blinked a few times before reading the name in my phone. "Colby?" It seemed forever until my finger hovered over the accept button. I pressed down and lifted the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" My voice rang through the quiet room. The supposed caller spoke. "Hey, it's Colby, we met last night, I wanted to know if you want to come over so we could figure out what we were going to record?" His voice was hoarse and deep. It sounded as if he woke up a few minutes ago.

"Yeah, I just woke up, send me your address and I'll be there." I stood up and rubbed my face as the call ended. A few seconds later, I heard a ding and looked down to see and address and some instructions. I turned the TV in the room on and walked over to the bathroom to shower.

I grabbed an outfit I was going to wear and quickly put it on. I was sporting a red cropped sweater and sweatpants with checkerboard print down the sides on the pants and around the sleeves with white nike air forces. I took my hair out of the bun and brushed it down.

My guess was that my brother heard me because I seen him walk into the bathroom

My guess was that my brother heard me because I seen him walk into the bathroom. "Yes Jake?" His eyes scanned over me. "Where are you going?" His voice was filled with curiosity. "Remember the YouTubers we met last night? Well I'm going to go see them, they wanted to record a video." He nodded his head and I put on a tiny bit of lip gloss and mascara.

"So, when mom wakes up, let her know." He nodded his head once again walking out of the room. I did as well, shutting off the light and grabbed my phone from the dresser in the room.

I grabbed my wallet and walked out of the room and down the hall. I got in the elevator and once I was in the lobby, I made my way out. I got in the rental-car we got. I started up the engine and drove off. Traffic was alright I guess you could say. I listened to music and sang along. I also had my camera.

*****

I was standing in front of the building recording a clip for my channel. "So, right now I am waiting outside of a building for somebody and I will not be recording in their because I have big plans coming hopefully. So, for now, enjoy the look of California. I show them what it looked like in front of the building smiling. I ended the clip and soon enough, I heard my name be called.

I turned around to see the blonde boy from last night. "Sam, from last night, I'll bring ya to the apartment." We made our way to the elevator. He pressed a number and we were on our way up. Soon, it dinged and we got off on the right floor. We walked to the room and I seen a bunch of other YouTubers recording. I smiled and we made it to a door and walked in. I seen Colby sitting on the couch on his laptop.

He turned around once her heard the click of the door shutting. His eyes met mine and his lips formed into a smile. "Hey, would you like to sit down and discuss some ideas we could use for a video, we will talk about what we usually do on our channel so you have a feel of it." I nodded and let my legs take me over to the couch and sit right next to him. He grabbed a notebook and a pen.

"So, we usually do lots of exploring videos and sometimes over night videos, we like to show people places that some of us may not be able to ever see." I nodded my head thinking about a couple things we could do. "Well, are you planning on taking a trip anywhere with anybody, I could pay for my own ticket."

Sam and Colby looked at me and shook there head. "We weren't really planning on going anywhere-" before they could finish, I chimed in again smiling. "Or we can do a reacting video?" They nodded for a second then realized something.

"Actually, we were going to do a stupid video and do the worlds biggest cereal bowl, it's a moving away party, maybe you can be in it and help us out?" The idea sounded fun and I nodded my head. "Yeah that will be dope." They smiled and we spent a little longer just talking and hanging out. I have a feeling that we're are going to be close friends, they are mad cool and funny guys.

****
I was finally back at the hotel. I seen my mom, brother, and little sister sitting down watching a show. They looked over at me and smiled. I smiled back and I grabbed my wallet. "I'm going out to get us some lunch, I'll be back." They nodded there heads and went back to watching the movie. I walked out of the apartment and back into the elevator.

I went to a nearby restaurant and went inside and ordered some food. After I got our food, I made my way out and the sky seemed a bit darker than usual, like it was about to rain. I got in my car and went back to the hotel and up to the room and set the food down on the table in front of the couch. I sat down in the very corner as my little sister crawled up into my lap and snuggled against me. I wrapped my arms around her and rubbed her back as she relaxed and watched the movie.

Not long later, I heard her soft snores fill the room and got up putting her in my bed. I covered her up and went back out into the other room and started to eat a bit. After I finished my food, I went into my room and grabbed my laptop. I watched YouTube videos and soon fell asleep into complete darkness.