Chapter 18

*Hey guys! So I'm in school again which means my updates maybe slow if I can't think of anything. But I will try my best to update. Enjoy!💖*

We arrived to Hendersonville an hour ago. We've been standing in watching the house for 30 minutes and I'm so ready to get in there and take her down.

"Jason," I say. "When do you want to go?"

"Dan what's the time?," he says.

"10:30 pm," Dan says.

"Alright," Jason says. "Gear up."

We all hustle back to the truck and suit up. I put on a spare suit and wait for Jason. He said I wasn't authorized to carry a gun; so, I have to actually stay with him at all times. Jason steps out the trailer with his gear set up and ready.

"Ready?," ge asks the team.

"Ready," they say.

He looks at me and sighs. "Ready?"

"I have been for awhile now," I say. "Lets do this."

We creep close to the house and Jason signals for us to split up. I followed him and four other people through the front while six other people go through the back. Dan picks the lock and slowly makes his way inside. We followed behind him cautiously.

"Anything in the back?," Jason whispers through his walkie talkie.

"All clear, we're coming in," someone answers.

We hear the back door open quietly and the other six come in. They searched the back of the house while we go upstairs. The smell of smoke lingers through the upstairs; immediately, I know what the smell is.

"You can stop sneaking around!"

They raise their guns and slowly walk towards her voice.

"Come on in," she says.

Her voice comes from the bathroom and we all walk in slowly. She looks at me and grins before inhaling another gallon of her freshly rolled blunt. She blows out the smoke.

"Hello Jordan," she says in a raspy voice. "What took you guys so long? I've been waiting forever."

She laid in the bathtub covered in bubbles. A radio sat on the chair next to the tub.

"Stand up, put a towel on, and put your hands up," Jason says.

Jasmine laughs as she breathes in more smoke.

"No can do Mr. ," she says. "I have other things on my mind."

"Get up!," he yells.

Jasmine laughs.

"Just shoot me," she says. "I've already accomplished my goals. What more is there to do?"

She inhales again and blows the smoke in our direction.

"I mean, I am kind of sad that I wasn't the one to kill Aniya," she says. "But, I'm happy I was able to drive her into suicide."

"She had a family," I say out of the blue.

"A family that Ryder gave her," she said. "I did what Ryder wanted to do but wasn't strong enough to do it."

She inhales and blows smoke out her nose. Her head tips back before she does it again.

"And now," she says quietly as she grabs hold of the radio. "I can join him."

She pushes the radio into the tub and we watch her body jolt quickly. I run over to the radio and unplug it. Immediately, I checked her pulse and suddenly feel my body go numb.

"No," I say pushing on her neck more. "No, no, no!"

Jason walks over to me and pulls me away but I latch onto the tub.

"Jordan its over," he says.

"No," I say. "It was not supposed to end like this. She was supposed to be locked up forever."

"But she's gone," he says. "Everyone is safe now."

I sigh. "Your right."

A part od Jason's team comes in to take Jasmines body while the rest of us leave to take off our suits.

"I'll call Jenny," I say as we all load up into the trailers and trucks.

Jenny

"Oh come on!," I yell at the Tv. "Catch the damn ball!"

"Shut the hell up Jenny!"

"Sorry!"

*Buzzzzzz*

My phone buzzes and at look at the caller ID.

"It's Jordan!," I yell.

I hear loud footsteps run down the stairs.

"Did you say it's Jordan?"

"Yeah," I say.

"Oh my gosh! Answer it."

I answer the call and put it on speaker phone.

"What's the update?," I ask.

Its quiet over the phone.

"Hello?," I say. "Jordan?"

"Hey," he says on the other end.

"Hey," I say. "What's the update?"

She's dead," he says.

I know its bad for me to have smiled but I did.

"Are you serious?," I ask.

"Yeah," he says. "She killed herself and I checked her pulse."

"Oh my gosh!," I yell happily.

It burned my heart to say that I was happy, but Jasmine had to die. I don't say that about everyone but I had to about her. She was a horrible human being and she had to die.

"When should we go over there?," I ask.

"We'll come pick you guys up," he says.

"Alright, I'll pack," I say. "Bye."

"Bye."

*Hope you enjoy! OMG I'm almost done with this book. Maybe like two more chapters left and an epilogue. I'm not sure yet. Anyways, love you guys! See you soon! ByeBye!💖*

Word Count: 872