Chapter 15

*Enjoy!💖*

Jordan

"No Jordan, we can't do that."

"Come on Jason," I say. "Its the only way to keep everyone safe."

"But what about Matt, Leena, and Bianca?," he asks. "We can't keep that from them."

"I know but it will only be for like a month," I say. "Just until we find Jasmine."

"I don't know Jordan," he says.

"Please Jason," I say.

He looks at me and sighs. "Fine."

"Thank you," I say.

"This plan of yours better work," he says.

"It will... I know it."

Aniya

I haven't moved from the wall. Jenny came down and talk to me and then gave me some water. She said I've been sitting here for a week. Jasmine has came down several times. She would yell at me, then slap and kick me then leave. I look at the ground and find a nail. Picking it up, I use it to draw on the cement floor. My eyelids become heavy as I draw my baby girl.

"I'm sorry princess," I say.

Hot tears fill my eyes and I let them burn my skin as they slide down my cheeks. I can feel my heart sink into my stomach. Warmth runs down my arm slowly. Every tear that drops releases another flow of warmth. As I stare down at the writing on the floor, I close my eyes and feel the last flow of warmth run down my arm; joining the puddle on the floor.

Jenny

"Jenny go feed her and prepare her for the next beating," Jasmine yells from the living room.

"Okay!"

I grabbed the tray out the fridge and make my way to the basement door. I open it and close it before jogging down the stairs.

"Aniya I brought you some more-."

The tray slips out my hand. I feel my heart break. Walking over to Aniya, I see her body lay limp and emotionless on the floor. In her right hand was a bloody nail and her left hand was covered in blood. Gashes were lined up her left arm.

"No, no, no Aniya," I say grabbing her face.

I looked over to the side and find a small note. ~"Tell my baby I love her..."~ My heart sinks into my stomach and a tear rolls down my face.

"I will," I whisper. "Jasmine! Come down here fast!"

I hear Jasmine's feet walk across upstairs and then hear the door.

"What is it Jen-," she stops and stares at Aniya. "No! That was my job! Ryder specifically wanted me to kill her!"

"W-what do week do?," I ask her with a panicked tone.

"We?," she laughs. "There is no we, YOU let this happen, so YOU go clean up this mess and dispose of the body."

"What will you be doing?," I ask.

"Taking a bubble bath," she says. "Now clean up this mess."

Without another word, she turns around and walks back upstairs.

Jordan

~This is bad. I don't think I can do it...~ I pull into Matt's apartments and park. Taking a deep breath, I exit my car and walk into the house.

"Breaking news, a body has been found in an alley on Bloomington Street," the news lady says. "The FBI are investigating but we believe it's-."

A paper is slid over to her and she sighs.

"It has been confirmed," she says. "The body has been identified as an Aniya Lesile Gilbert. 19 year old mother, student, fiance, and daughter, that was missing for three months. Other information is classified."

Matt turns off the TV and leaves the room. Bianca holds Nova to her chest and silently cries. I watch as Leena clutches onto John and sobs into his chest. Amanda pressed her face into her hands and sobs. Guilt bubbles in my stomach viciously. A loud bang makes everyone jump. Quickly, I run up the stairs and into Matt's room. The closet door was open and there was a hole from the door being swung back. I walk into the closet and find Matt leaning against the wall. His face was red and I could tell he was crying.

"I didn't even get to see her one last time," he whispered. "If I was there that night... I- I could of protected her."

"This isn't your fault Matt," I say..

He doesnt say anything.

"All you can do right now is go comfort Nova," I say. "She needs you more than anything now."

Matt's quiet. He stands up and walks out the closet, but not before saying, "Thanks for trying."

*Ring, ring!*

"Hello?," I say. "Why are you calling me? Is everything okay?"

"Everything is just fine."

*Hope you enjoyed! Some of you might hate me now I'm sorry! But keep reading because it's not over yet! Love you guys! ByeBye!💖*

Word Count: 807🤷