Chapter 16

*Enjoy!💖*

Matt

It's been a week since we found out Aniya was dead. Her family wants to have a funeral for her but she always told me that she didn't want one. So I'm doing as she says. Thanksgiving was yesterday but we didn't do anything. Nobody could. I haven't left the room once. Bianca brings Nova to me and then takes her for lunch, play time, other stuff. Jordan has been gone all week. He said he's searching for Jasmine so everything is okay soon. I keep telling him that it doesn't matter now; but he just avoids the conversation. My world has fallen apart right in front of my eyes. And I can no longer do anything to help.

"Daddy!," I hear Nova yell.

I watch as my door opens and in walks Bianca and Nova. Bianca was helping Nova walk by holding her hands above her head.

"Good morning princess," I say spreading my arms for her to hug me.

Nova squeezes my cheeks together and laughs.

"You okay?," Bianca asks.

"That's a stupid question," I tell her. "No of us are okay."

Bianca sighs. "I know Matt, but we can't just ignore everything."

"Please Bianca," I say. "Not right now."

"Fine."

Bianca leaves and I look at Nova. Regret creeps up my spine.

"I shouldn't have talked tonher like that," I whisper to myself.

"P-play," Nova says.

"Sure baby."

I let her go and she runs into the closet to grab some of her toys.

Jordan

"Where's the last place you saw her?," I ask.

"I saw her leaving the house," she says. "She had luggage with her."

"That means she's on the run," I say. "Do you know where'd she go?"

"No," she says. "But I'll try to find out."

"Alright good, I gotta go."

"Okay, I'll keep you updated."

She hangs up the phone and I go back into the FBI station.

"Jordan, we got something," Jason says.

"What is it?"

"Jasmines parents called," he said. "We put them on hold."

"That's great!," I say. "Come on, we need to talk to them fast."

I follow Jason to his office and pick up the phone.

"Hello?," I say.

"Hi, this is Ms. Livestone," she says. "Jasmines mom."

"Hello Ms. Livestone, my name is Jordan and I just have a few questions for you," I say. "Is that alright?"

"Yes that's just fine," she says. "Ask me whatever."

"Okay well, as you know, we're looking for your daughter Jamsine," I say. "When was the last time you talked to your daughter?"

"Uh, I think about 6 months ago," she says. "She called from jail telling me she was sorry her life went down hill."

"Okay," I say. "We got news that Jasmine is now on the run. Do you know where she'd be going?"

"Uh, no I really don't," she says.

I sigh. "Ma'am please try and think where she'd go," I say. "Would she come see you guys?"

"No, she wouldn't be able to because we live in Spain and she can't fly," Ms. Livestone says.

"If she wouldn't go see you guys, then coukd you think of a place she'd go?," I ask. "Somewhere she's been before but can't be found unless your family."

"Actually, I think I do know where she'd go," she says. "When we lived in Nashville, weed occasionally go vacation at our second house by the river in Hendersonville."

"Can you describe that area and the house?," I ask as I take out a notepad and pen.

"Yeah sure," she says. "Its a nice two story Log Cabin that's located by Cumberland River. It's surrounded by trees and it's at the end of a dirt road. The only way you'll find the house is if you look for the only Stone mailbox on that street that says Livestone."

"Is that all?," I ask as I finish writing.

"Yes I believe so," she says. "Please contact me if you need anything else. And don't tell her I said anything please."

"I promise I won't," I say. "And I'll call for more information if it's needed. Bye."

"Bye."

I hang up the phone and smile at Jason.

"We got it," I say.

*Hope you enjoyed! This chapter is pretty short in my terms but I'm not trying to rush through the story. See you soon! Love you guys! ByeBye!💖*

Word Count: 734