Chapter nineteen

Chapter ninteen.

Anna and Peter were heading over to Rose’s house, the Harvey’s residents. Anna sat in the passenger seat while Peter drove. The back seat was filled with cooking in containers and hamper packs. Anna had tears in her eyes and Peter had a constant lump in his throat.

They shared a look before looking back at the road ahead.

They both hadn’t a clue where their son was, only that he was ok. They got a text from him saying that he couldn’t tolerate to sit through Rose’s funeral. Much to Irene and Marcus’s discuss. The four days after Rose’s death everyone had been a mess. Alisha hadn’t stopped crying or left her room, her best friend was gone forever and there was no way to change it. Georgina hadn’t let Tom leave her side because the girl that helped her gain confidence and change her life was no longer around. Irene was the opposite to Alisha she hadn’t shed a tear, there was nothing left in her to cry out. She was nothing but an empty shell. Marcus was doing his best to keep up with the files and arrangements that always came after someone’s death. Anna and Peter were both cloaked in sorrow over Rose’s death. Jet was the one that had had the most extreme reaction. He had taken his car two days after Rose had passed and put the town in his review mirror. He had cried throughout the night and ignored his friend calls.

It’s not that he was ignorant; he just couldn’t, no, he didn’t know how to handle his emotions. They were too strong and somewhere on the highway they had all mixed and formed one very strong emotion that couldn’t be wiped away by anyone but the one person that he had, and still did, love with all his heart and soul. Rose was the only person that could calm him in seconds with just being in a close proximity.

But she was gone and Jet was left with misplaced anger that had transformed from hurt, sadness, agony, loss and too many other emotions. His soul and heart were as cold and black as each other and his eyes were red from crying and lack of sleep.

Jet pulled up at a bar after two days of driving to drown himself in alcohol, in hopes to pass out and never resurface. Because surely there was no life for him after Rose.

~Five days earlier~

Jet had fallen asleep in the same chair he had done so many times before. The smell of the hospital had become unnoticeable for Jet because he had been there for a good part of a month. Rose was still sleeping after only waking once since two days ago when Jet walked into to find her with a tube in her nose. He worried that she would fall sleep and never wake up, that he would he snapped back to consciousness by the heart monitor flat lining. He wanted to at least say goodbye and tell her what he had been itching to tell her for almost three days now.

Jet woke soon after and stretched out his stiff limbs before rubbing his eyes and yawning.

Rose’s eyes fluttered open and found Jet immediately. Jet smiled over at her and took her hand carefully, as it was so fragile. Rose offered him a sleepy smile. It was the best she could do. Jet removed his eyes from hers to look at her hand. Of course it felt as cold as ice and he wondered where her mittens were. His mum had been knitting some with out Jet knowing, in case he had a bad reaction to it.

“Hey, love.” Jet looked back up into her lightless blue eyes. He remembered the colour of her blazing blue orbs when he first met her. They were forever locked into his memory, as was her rose coloured cheeks, her long blonde curls, her stubbornness and her train stopping figure.

Rose just smiled. Forming words was hard for her now, when she tried to talk she would cough up blood, in reaction to that the heart monitors would go off and now the nurses would rush in despite what Jet had promised them about a real emergency. This also put Jet on edge especially when they told him to leave so they could give her something to calm her down and put her back into a sleep.