Chapter seven

~Edited Chapter~

..... 

Jet didn’t see Rose once that day or the day before. It had been two days since he told Rose he liked her and in his opinion it was two days too long. Jet had only known Rose two weeks but he couldn’t stop thinking about her. He felt drawn to her in a way he never had with any other girl. He didn’t know how to act. Jet had been with girls before and he knew how to charm them but after that, the relationship part was something he had only experienced once before. He just hoped that if ‘fate’ took him in the direction of Rose that he would know how to keep her.

Jet turned on his music and did a prep talk. After a few minutes he had his plan. He was just going to go up to Rose and kiss her. Ok, so it wasn’t a well thought through plan but Jet was going with it. End of story.

His parents were gone for the weekend; they went up to the gold coast for one of their friends’ birthday. Jet volunteered to stay at home. He liked his mum and step dad but that didn’t mean he wanted to hang around them all the time. Saturday morning he woke up late, went for a run, had lunch/breakfast, went to his football game at a neighbouring school, and went to bed late thinking of Rose and thinking about how he helped his team rise to victory that day. Tom scored five tries, Jet scored three and the whole team helped make it happen.  Sunday about midday he got a text from Luke asking if he wanted to meet him and the guys at the park for a game of football they would be there in an hour or so. He quickly agreed and got ready to go. Even after playing a football game yesterday Jet was pumped to kick the football around with his mates. They won their first game with Jet on their team and they were all ecstatic about their next game. Even Coach was smiling…openly. Luke and Jet had become good friends over the past couple of weeks. He didn’t really talk to Rylee much even though they sat in the same group, Georgina on the other hand was great to talk to and was pleasantly down to earth. There were other guys in the group that he was friends with too. Alex and Tom were two others that he got along with.

After slipping into his runners, he headed out of the house after locking it up and taking the key with him. It didn’t take him long to get to the park where his friends were.

“Hey, Jet. Come on over,” Luke called to Jet when he reached the park. Jet jogged over to where the guys were. They had found a prefect size clearing of grass to play on at the bottom of what the guys called The Hill. Jet didn’t know what it meant or what his group had done on The Hill in the past but he wasn’t interested enough to ask. The girls sat on the picnic tables chatting away still mildly interested in Jet’s looks after two weeks of knowing him. They all turned to check Jet out. “You can join my team.” Luke hollered.

“What do you mean ‘your team’? I’m far more kick ass than you, Luke.” A big, hulking guy named Alex called and a few of them chuckled. Jet smiled. Alex was on Luke’s team and was another guy that Jet got along well with. His hair was blonde and his eyes dark.

“Shut up.” Luke chuckled then knocked knuckles with Jet.

“Hey Jet.” Georgina called and waved. He threw her a nod and turned his attention back to the guys. They worked out a game plan then put it into motion. Thanks to Jet’s speed and size he was able to dodge tackles and out run most of the guys on the opposite team. Jet’s team was up by five when half time was called. The girls held out water bottles for the guys. Jet took the one Georgina held out. He gave her a friendly smile. She picked up another and handed it to her boyfriend, Tom.

“Looking good, Jet.” A few of the girls called. He smiled at the girls that were looking at him, not sure who had spoken, then turned back to Georgina.

“So how are things with Rose?” Georgina asked when Tom left them to talk to the guys. Jet looked at her in shock. He hadn’t told anyone.

“I’m sorry?” he frowned.