Chapter thirteen

Comment and vote if you think it's good enough.

Enjoy! :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Chapter thirteen.

Jet walked into Rose’s room but stopped short of her. Rose looked up at him from her bed about a meter from him. She smiled genuinely happy to see him, though she had looked better. Jet clenched his teeth together to stop himself from saying something that he would regret.

“Morning.” Jet said as he closed the distance. Rose saw his hesitation and the shocked look in his green eyes but chose to ignore it. She didn’t blame him. Rose knew she looked like death.

How ironic. She thought.

“I was hoping you’d stay with me today.” Rose watched Jet as he sat on the edge of the bed next to her. She hoped he say yes.

Jet smiled and nodded. “Sure.”

Like Rose had thought, Jet didn’t going to call his parents. In his eyes Rose was more important than school.

“Should you get your mum to call in sick for you or something?” Rose asked.

“Naw, they’ll be right.” Jet shrugged and Rose rolled her eyes then reached for her tea. Jet got to it before her and looked in the mug. He hadn’t a clue what it was. His only guess was the green tea that his mum drank.

“It’s chamomile tea.” Rose told Jet as he went to sniff it. He pulled back and made a face.

“You drink this stuff?” Jet asked disbelievingly. Rose smiled at Jet’s scrunched up face. He handed her the mug.

“Yeah, it’s really calming,” Rose brought the mug to her face and smelt it. She liked the smell. “Maybe you should try some,”

“I don’t believe you. Drink some.” Jet said not sure that Rose would enjoy that stuff. Rose giggled, amused by Jet’s turn off. She took a small mouthful and swallowed it.

“Yum.” Rose smiled then took another sip.

“What happened this morning?” Jet asked. Rose frowned a little but knew that he had the right to know.

“I got sick from coughing. Don’t tell my mum but I just feel wrong. Like I’m really tired,” Rose stopped talking and swallowed back tears. “I…it’s like I can feel it,” Rose frowned and looked down at her mug. She had never spoken to Jet about her cancer like this before. He was glad that she was, it meant that she trusted him fully.

“Should I take you to the hospital?” Jet asked. Worry filled Jets voice to a point that it pained Rose.

“No. I don’t want to go just yet.” Rose shook her head. “I want to have my birthday at home.” Rose told Jet then her mum walked in.

Irene was dressed ready for work and her make-up done nicely.

“Hello, Jet.” She smiled then walked over to Rose and kissed her cheek. “I’m going to work now, if you need me I am only a phone call away,” she turned back to Jet. “Thank you.” Jet nodded and Irene left. Rose’s room stayed silent until her mum was walking out the front door.

“She likes you. She trusts you too.” Rose smiled at Jet but it didn’t reach her eyes.

“Hmm.” Was all Jet said as he tried not to think about all the things that could happen to Rose today. If he had it his way he would have taken her the hospital where they could take proper care of her, but that’s not what Rose wanted. She was too stubborn to let Jet take her and he knew it. If Rose didn’t want to go yet then she wouldn’t.