Chapter four

~Edited chatper~

.........

As soon as Rose got out of her dad’s truck the next morning Jet popped up right beside her, as if appearing out of thin air. She gasped, when she saw it was Jet. Rose turned away from Jet and closed the car door. She waved her dad good-bye then turned towards the school. Marcus regarded at the tall boy with curiosity before driving off. He wasn’t exactly ecstatic about his daughters new friend, especially since he had never seen him around town before.

“What do you want Jet?” Rose grumbled and headed into the school grounds.

“I wanted to tell you that I’m sorry for being a ass yesterday. It wasn’t very nice of me.” Jet apologized. Rose opened her mouth to tell him were to put his lame apology but cut herself off. The tone of his voice was all too familiar to her. Jet pitied her. Rose’s heart dropped into the dark abyss.

“So who told you?” Rose asked in a soft voice. There is no way he will treat me normally now. Rose thought.

“About?” Jet asked acting as though he didn’t know what she meant. He did. Rose glared up at him. At first she thought it was a good idea, intimidating him, but when she glared through her long lashes, seeing how tall he was made her feel like a little girl.  “You’re really cute.” Jet chuckled. Her heat flipped but she scoffed to cover her flattery.

“You don’t have to be nice to me,” Rose grumbled. “Who told you?” she requested as though they were in an interrogation.

“Your ex best friends current best friend.” Jet said, looking down at Rose as she looked everywhere but in Jet’s direction.

“Rylee?” Rose asked as they climbed two steps.

“No her other best friend, Georgina.”

“Oh…that disaster.” Rose rolled her eyes but she didn’t mean it, never in her life would she say something like that about any of her old friends and truly mean it. She was just trying to maintain her façade, it was easier that way.

“She seems nice.” Jet offered.

“She is,” Rose whispered then put her hand on his chest to stop him from walking. “It’s been…nice bonding with you but I’d rather walk by myself.” Rose said as she walked backwards. Jet’s cocky smile faded when she turned and hurried away. He was enjoying himself, talking to Rose, but he wasn’t going to tell her that. Rose liked the way his black hair flicked out at the ends and how his green eyes made her heart race, but she wasn’t about to tell him that either, because she liked teasing Jet and she liked his attention, she just didn’t know it yet. It was easier for Rose to brush it off the give him a scowl.

****

Biology was painful for Rose. She found out that she was wrong about Jet treating her differently, he was just as annoying as ever. Jet on the other hand was thoroughly enjoying himself. He wished that Rose would let him in just a little but he loved the little game that they had going on. Jet sat in the spare seat next to Rose and had a huge smile plastered on his face. Rose rolled her eyes and looked out the window. Jet had gone from annoying to infuriating in one day. Though no matter how annoying or bothersome Jet was she couldn’t stay from him, mainly because he was in some of her classes.

 “Leave me alone.” She said to him under her breath. Jet lent closer. Rose turned to look and him; this wasn’t such a good idea. Rose got a proper look at Jet. She saw the smile in his green eyes covering something darker and how his long black lashes made them stand out. His messy black hair held by itself, without help from hair product. He had a little stubble on his chin and she noticed that his nose was a little crooked. His sent rolled off of him making Rose feel queasy. His eyes held Rose’s with such intensity. No guy had ever looked at her like that. Sure she had had boyfriends but they only wanted one thing that they couldn’t have, the one thing Rose didn’t want to give to just any guy. Rose was many things but she wasn’t careless.